Suggestion for a New Forum

Connie B

Hi Rickey and All,

I was just sitting here looking at all the Forums and I just got a LIGHT BULB :idea: Idea!!

Maybe we should have a Forum just for IRESSA and along with that make it an IRESSA/TARCEVA/GAVEX Forum. I can't beleive all the messages all over the board regarding IRESSA, GAVEX, and now coming out TARCEVA. It would maybe make it EASIER for all those interested to be able to go to this kind of Forum and find out information they may need to help them. Not that anyone is complaining, but I have noticed how many posts have been Repeats from New members, and old members asking questions regarding these drugs. So, just thought I would share my idea, and see what the members felt about it as well as checking with you RICKEY! Don't know if it can be done, but thought it was worth bringing up.

Just an idea!

Love to All,

Connie

Guest KellyB

Hooray!! Great idea, my Dad is on iressa for about a month and I am always looking for info depending on his condition day to day. We are also hoping for the new tarceva as well.

My vote is YES

Heather,

YES we had a Recipe Forum MANY MANY MOONS AGO! :shock::oops: I'm guessing you would have been on it like stink on ......... :lol::lol::lol: We had other forums too, that aren't worth mentioning! :shock: See what happens when your a late bloomer? See how much you missed?? :roll::wink: Be thankful we cleaned up our acts!! 8)

Ginny,

TELE # FOR TAKE OUT???? WOW, what a GREAT IDEA!! You have to get more sleep my friend, and you have to stop thinking up these good idea's while you lay in bed at night. (exuse me for a minute Ginny)

Duke, DUKE, WAKE UP, Ginny really is in need of your ATTENTION! Come-on my friend, get the lead out and get her mind off this message board. (Ginny, would you PLEASE share this with the DUKE?) Thank you Ginny! Everything is going to be just fine. We're here for you! :wink::wink::wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P:P

Telephone numbers for TAKE OUT?! TOOO TOOOOO FUNNY GIRLFRIEND!

Love Ya,

Con

How about one forum for all medication and/or medication questions? Someone in my family was prescsribed Zoloft this week, and I did a search to find posts on it, because I knew I had read a lot of posts about it. It would have been easier to go to a forum.

Peggy

Hey, I agree with you Connie!! Seems like there are lots of posts on Iressa particularly, and if there was a separate forum it might be easier for people to find the answers they are looking for. Alot of the posts seem to be duplications because General fills up so quickly.

And on a side note David, good thing you don't live by me. They haven't "found" food delivery yet and the only places that DO deliver are "pizza" places.

Connie, I think we'd all agree on a medication forum 8) . But how about a "Coffee Shop" forum for all the stuff unrelated to cancer? This is such an important site for so many of us, sometimes it's nice to share something out of the LC mold which won't quite go in "humor". Like recipes, take-out, general chit-chat.

Hey I like the Coffee Shop Forum too. People wouldn't have to mark their posts "off topic" etc. they could just post them in the Coffee Shop / Cafe forum. Whacko's like Hebbie (kidding Hebbie) could post recipes and others could share take out numbers. Then there's the daily harassment of David A....

Love them all! Iressa/other drugs, meds in general, food in any way shape or form (I'm on prednisone now and all I want to do is eat), take-out, delivery and reservations are my favorite, recipes are fun, occasionally, too.

Today I had a nice laugh. Thanks guys for the humor.

Tricia

In addition to the forums, mentioned, I'd like to offer another idea. Some other groups I have previously been involved with have had shared files. A specific subject is taken and all the information put in that file. I would be willing to take PCI, for example, and comb through all the posts and put relevant information in one file for people to read. Understandably, this is a huge effort to begin with, but perhaps some of you people would be interested in taking one subject, compiling the information and putting somewhere for others to look up. Do you think that is a good idea?

Jane