Stress time

kimblanchard

Monday May, 3 I go in for CAT/PET scan and get the results Wed. from the radiation oncologist. I don't need to tell you that this is stress time for me as I know you have all been there. My wonderful husband is so sure everthing is going to be alright that he can't understand my stress. Or he won't admit otherwise. Again prayers are appreciated.

You certainly have my prayers and good wishes. Don't you wish they would give you the results of the scan RIGHT after they do it? I know my Dr. will usually call me that day or the next day for sure but any amount of waiting time is to much, lol.

God Bless,

MO

I am sending prayers y our way. The waiting is the absolute worst and that anticipation the week before a scan, I can get cranky and b--chy just thinking about it. It is like my personality changes during that time. Post with the results!

Dear BLT,

Just the opposite at my house. My husb. scans aren't until the 1st week of June and I'm already stressing. It's like OMG tomorrow is April 29, and then OMG, then it's going to be April 30th and then it's May, and oh no, it's getting close to June. He's the one that has to get the scans, but he's the one in bed sleeping like a baby, and I'm the one on here till I can't hold my eyes open looking for all the support and good news I can find. Go figure.

Anyway, since you are the one stressing, I can at least identify with these horrible "stress tests". That's what they are really, not CT tests or blood tests or any body-related tests - they are really stress tests in disguise. You should post again Sun. night because everything everybody tells you here in the next 24-48 hours to help you to relax will have already left your psyche by Sun. night. :D I was joking about feeling stress now for June scans, and I probably won't feel much stress before the scans, but the time will go tick-tock, tick-tock until we get the results. For me, that's when the stress hits me.

Here's what I do when I'm really stressed. I lay in bed at night and over and over say "God loves me. God loves me. God loves me." But here's how I do it: I put the emphasis on a different word each time, so it goes like this: "GOD loves me. God LOVES me. God loves ME." It really comforts me and helps me to fall asleep. Sometimes I say the persons name that I'm worried about instead of "me", but saying God loves me, tells me that he loves me and is looking after everything that involves me and everyone I care about.

God bless you BLT,

Peggy

I hope your results are all great. I will keep you in my prayers. I just had scans last week and got the results last wed. I was a nervous wreck for about a week prior...but thank God they all came back clear. I wish the same for you.....all clear!

Nina

aka Nushka