CT SCAN

rinksgal

Well Just thought I'd check in and say that Darrell gets a new ct scan May 10th, and we will find out the results on May 13th.. He seems to be feeling really good.. Everytime he takes a nap I worry that somethings wrong. But I tell myself he is also doing alot more now. So he probably needs the extra rest.. Anyway Prayers that we have good results again... I'm not ready to start another battle and watch him be so sick, but who is!! But we will deal with it whatever the results may be. I Pray to God all the time to just give me a few more years with him... I'd love to grow old with this man, but that may not be Gods choice. I am aware that if this disease pops up again in his mediastinumn area that it won't be good. Hes already had all of the radiation he can have there... I also know chemo and radiation works better together... I'm just glad hes alive for now, and I thank God everyday for that... This time last year I didn't know if he'd live long enough to see his youngest child graduate from high school. Well he made it! I'm so thankful to God for that!!

My prayers and thoughts are with each and everyone of you Daily!!!

Christy

p.s. I will let everyone know how Darrells new ct scan turns out...

I just wanted to say thanks for the support, and Nome, yes school will be out real soon, and then I will have the summer off again. Our plans are to go back to Florida 2 days after schools out for a couple of weeks.. I think we are gonna fly this time.. and yes Little Rink is gonna fly too. His ticket is almost as much as ours. (Darrell said that he was gonna request a meal for him, after all he ought to get something out of it.) ha But we can take him right on the plane with us in a doggy bag.. One thats vented.. and once we take off he can sit on our lap...So thats good..I guess everything depends on the results of this test... I also think we are getting married in Florida...I've heard a little rumor! I'll let you know... Darrell tends to do everything on spur of the moment!! Which is what I love about him...

Oh and his Daughter and her boyfriend are moving out over this next weekend! Yeah!!!! Can't wait!

My middle son just graduated from Ball State University in Indiana on Saturday. I was so proud of him!! Boy was the ceremony long!! 4 1/2 hours! But I wouldn't of missed it. I just had to share that too!! This was our first trip to Indiana since Darrell had gotten sick.. I had a good visit with my mother too. I hadn't seen her for 16 months...

Well I will post again after we see the oncologist Thursday and find out the results... Take care

Christy

Christy,

You just have all kinds of good news, don't you: You get the summer off, going to Florida for two weeks, (maybe) getting married - THAT WOULD BE COOL!, his daughter and boyfriend moving out, and one graduating from college (YEAH! Indiana!!). I have a feeling you are also going to get GREAT scan results on Thursday. I read Darrell's history, and since last report was REMISSION - I just bet this is going to be a good one, too.

Sending prayers your way!

Love,

Peggy

Christy.... What a uplifting post you posted today. It should be in the Good News. You had a beautiful way of celebrating Mother's Day a son graduating from college, congratulations proud Mom. So glad Darrell is feeling well. My thoughts are with you next Thursday will be looking for your post in the Good News. Carolyn

Thanks again for all of the support. Tomorrow is the day! I sure hope we get another clean scan! I'm almost scared to hope for that! I'm sure by tomorrow I will be a mess waiting for the results. I know Darrell is, even though he feels good, hes still scared... Rightfully so! I'll try to post tomorrow.

Love and Prayers to you all!!

Christy