One down - one to go

ginnyd

Busy day today. 9:30 Follow up with Neurosurgeon - good news - Earls brain is empty - YEP nothing there. Thank you God. And he can start to stop taking the Dilantin. Always happy when we can stop a med.

This afternoon at 2:00 Earl has the 1st of 3 Taxotere treatments. We have a CT scan from last Friday for the Dr. to read. The Dr. said this scan is just standard operating procedure prior to chemo. Fingers crossed.

Hoping that the fatigue caused by chemo will be somewhat offset by the the fatigue caused by the Dilantin.

Talk to you all later.

That is great news Ginny!! I am so happy to hear about it!

I wrote you an email, but I don't think you've received it. I had a question for you...did your husband have the lung surgery after the craniotomy? The doctor told my mom the other day that they won't do surgery on her because it has spread to the brain. She has a lung mass 5 x 3 cm in her left upper lobe and it doesn't show up anywhere else in the lungs...I would think they could remove it with surgery and can't understand why they aren't willing to do it. If your husband had lung surgery after, then I'm definitely going to start advocating they do the surgery. Also, you have that your husband had a WBR...what is that or what does it mean?

Thanks for your feedback. Have a good day and enjoy the good news!

Yes Ginny;

What Wonderful news!!! :):):) Earl's brain is empty :shock::shock: ; love your style, be praying for you and Earl.

God bless & be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Well we are just back from the oncologists office. Almost bad news. But we did have 15 minutes of sheer PANIC.

Earl has had a small lump on the front of his neck. We asked the dr to look at it. He got VERY concerned and went out and got a head and neck surgeon. He got VERY concerned. They then numbed and cut into the lump. As soon as the neck dr got into the lump - he said "Did you have a stitch there?" Yes, Earl had, when he had his tracheostomy and that stitch really bothered him.

So they are 99.99% sure it is not a met but we will get the final news tomorrow. In the meantime, we are holding off on the chemo until the final results. Hopefully they will not have to do the blood work again if he has the chemo this week.

Oh by the way, his chest CT looked great.

ups

This damn disease has so many and

downs.

Will let you know tomorrow.

Dear Ginny and Earl,

Wow, isn't something how excited we get when we hear "the brain/head is empty, clean and clear, nothing there" at a time like this??? People with OUT cancer would think we are NUTS!! OH WELL!!! hehehe!

Great to hear his CT scan was clear as well, now lets get this lump thing out of the way, and onward and UPWARD our Earl can go!!!

Will continue to keep you both in my prayers and hope this lump is nothing but a stitch!!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,