Bone Scan Results

Don Wood

Lucie had total bone scan on Tuesday and the onc reported the results to her today. Everything fine, except the spot on a right rib, under the shoulder blade, has appeared again. It is good news/bad news -- bad because it is back but good because she has had pain in that area for several months and this explains it, and radiation may be in order. We are looking upon this as not a big deal at this time. Nothing else new! Don

Having a reason to account for the pain is better than the not knowing, I'm sure. With the way you two approach things as a strong team, I'm betting Lucie will get thru treatment just fine.

Sending a prayer for her to be pain free asap!

Hi Don,

I have a quick question if you don't mind. Has Lucy been on the Aredia continuously? In other words, did the rib met develop despite the Aredia? I've been hoping that either Zometa or Aredia would give extra protection against developing new bone mets.

I've developed a new rib met but I've been off of Zometa since last October. I have been wondering if I might have prevented this rib met if I had stayed on the Zometa. Of course there's no way to know for sure.

The other thing that helps reduce mets in general is vitamin C. It promotes extra collogen production which makes it more difficult for the cancer cells to migrate out of existing tumors and into the blood or lymph streams. It kind of glues them in place. I guess it's just another one of the little things we can do to assist in the battle.

Best Wishes to all,

Dave S

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

My prayers for you and Lucie. I agree with Addie that it's better to have the pain 'accounted for'. It sounds as though it's very manageable. Glad to hear that.

Cat

Don-

The good news/bad news sounds mostly good to me. I know it is a double-edged sword, but knowing the source of Lucie's pain and getting something done about it will be taking pro-active steps. You guys' tenacity and upbeat outlook continue to amaze. Best prayers.