Hello Everyone

Preston

During the week of May 19th I got laryngitis. After it lasted about a week I went to my doctor. He sent me to the ER for xrays and blood tests.

On May 26th the xray showed a 5cm tumor in my left lung. I had been a smoker for years but quit 6 years go. On June 4th a biopsy of the lymph glands in my shoulder detected cancer - NSCLC. June 11th I had my first regiment of chemotherapy (Pacitaxel & Carboplatin). I had no adverse reaction. The following week I had infuser port put in my chest. This past week a PET/CT showed no cancer has spread to bones or organs :D It also showed the tumer has shrunk from 6cm before chemo to 4cm. There is also a significant decrease in the swelling of lymph gland in my shoulder and neck. I'm scheduled for my next regiment of chemo next Friday.

I am also working on getting to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion.

I feel fine & continue to work. I'm happy to meet you all. I'm sure we will have lots of communication in the future.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Hello Preston. Welcome to the family. So far, your news sounds good. Praying that the shrinkage continues.

Cat

Preston,

Sorry you had a reason to find us, but very glad you did find us. I also think it is good that you have found us early in your journey.

If you have a question, someone here usually has an answer. If you are down, a bunch of people will be there to cheer you up or comiserate with you.

Keep us posted and I will pray that your treatments continue to be so successful.

Welcome, Preston.

Sounds like you have everything pretty much under control - treatment and second opinions...

Don't blame yourself for the disease, it may have nothing to do with the fact that you ever lit up. Quite a few of us here never smoked...throw that Blame Game right out the ol' window....

Again, welcome. The ride sucks, the traveling companions are out of this world!

Becky

• 2 weeks later...