I gotta a Dell Dude

Cindy RN

Well I am back!!! Took some scaping up pennies (lots of them) but I now have a brand new top of the line computer. Pent. 4, cable modem and all the whistles and lights it could handle. The only thing is I lost all of my old stuff. They could not save any info off the old computer.

My CT of the chest and Abd were clear, yeah! The blood work was perfect, the echo showed the effusion was a tiny bit smaller. Will have to decide later what to do with that. Oh well.

My 24 yr old daughter had an ovarian cyst rupture last Thurs nite and had surgery early Fri morning, she came home Sun afternon. My 26 yr old son was home for the week, that was great! My 18 yr old baby is mixed up with a punk for a boyfriend and she moved out to a low rent apt. Nothing we could do -we talked and talked but got nowhere. I really think the only way to keep her here was to let him move in.THAT WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION!! She is the only one with a job as of now. Breaks my heart seeing her throw away a chance at college. We are keeping the lines of comunication open so I pray she will get hungry enough to move back home.

Enough of me. How are things here, catch me up-it has been 3 weeks. I have missed you all so much

Love Cindy

Cindy,

I'd say some really great news, dude. Got my computer not a year ago and I expect it is outdated already!

I pray your daugher heals quickly. Glad you got to see your son, and as for your little one, who isn't all that little anymore, I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be. As moms, we probably have the same "working out for the best plan" in mind, but it may take her a little while to see things in a similar light. I agree as to not letting things get to the point that you can't talk to her. It would probably just make things worse.

By the way, as far as punk boyfriends go, there are several guys on the board who have offered to break the kneecaps of some others, so they may be willing......

Seriously, it's good to know we will be hearing a lot more from you now that you are once again connected. Glad those tests are great. Any idea what is causing the effusion?

love

elaine

Cindy,

I'd say some really great news, dude. Got my computer not a year ago and I suspect it is outdated already!

I pray your daugher heals quickly. Glad you got to see your son, and as for your little one, who isn't all that little anymore, I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be. As moms, we probably have the same "working out for the best plan" in mind, but it may take her a little while to see things in a similar light. I agree as to not letting things get to the point that you can't talk to her. It would probably just make things worse.

By the way, as far as punk boyfriends go, there are several guys on the board who have offered to break the kneecaps of some others, so they may be willing......

Seriously, it's good to know we will be hearing a lot more from you now that you are once again connected. Glad those tests are great. Any idea what is causing the effusion?

love

elaine

Cindy....Glad you are back! You always provide alot of support to everyone here. Sounds like all your recent tests came back with good results. Years ago my brother moved out at 18 years old. It took 3 months for him to come home. With him he brought 3 pillow cases full of the yellowest looking laundry I have ever seen. Young people aren't aware of the work it takes to keep a household going. Hope she comes home soon and starts college in the fall. Congratulations on the new computer. Carolyn

Well, certainly a mixture of great news and not so great news. Glad to have you back with clear scans and all but sorry to hear about the others. Here is hoping that all turns out well on the family front. Haqve fun with the new Dell. My folks have had nothing but Dells for years. I have a cousin who has worked for Dell for years.

David C

welcome back Cindy hyou have been missed. Sorry to hear about your 18 year old , heres hoping she comes to her senses, I was probably a punk boyfriend at one time!. Wow a Dell so cool, I miss that guy on the dell commercials too bad he had to smoke those crooked cigarettes(pot).

My Goodness, Talk about a lot going on!

1. Welcome back. Enjoy the computer.

2. I am glad your 26 yo is home and healing

3. I am sorry your 18 yo is asserting her independence to run off with a punk. Keeping the lines of communication open is always the right choice. You are also letting her grow up. Fight as we will, we have no choice about that either.

4. Yay for the clear CT and the smaller effusion. Now if it will just go away.... please.

Cindy, GREAT NEWS on your test results and enjoy the Dell.

Sorry about your youngest daughter, but I do believe that sometimes we have to learn from our mistakes, although growing up my credo was always to try to learn as much as I could from OTHER peoples mistakes, and possibly reduse the amount of problems that I'd go through myself. But there are always those things that we really do have to learn ourselves. She is young and you are a good mom, I agree, letting him move in would be OUT OF THE QUESTION. She knows you're there, and knowing that will make all of the difference in the world.

In the meantime, enjoy yourself!!! Take care, Deb

Cindy, glad to hear the good news. Sorry about your daughter. Ovarian cysts seem to run in my family -- niece, daughter and now granddaughter. The former two had to have surgery, and we are watching and waiting on the granddaughter. Good to have you back. Don

Welcome back! So glad you were able to get a new PC. Mine is okay for what little I use it.

Your daughter will just have to learn the hard way what makes the world go round. I know you are heartbroken but we each have a brain of our own and sometimes we just don't use it right but that doesn't mean that we will crash. It may just be a bad bend in the road right now and with luck it will straighten itself out soon.

So glad to see you are posting again...and what great results you go on all of your recent tests. I hate it about your 26 year old...surgery that young is the pits. I hope your daughter gets fed up with the "punk" and decides to come back home soon.

The main thing is your news about yourself. That is wonderful..and I hope the effusion goes away on its on soon.

Nina

Wow, Cindy. There is a definite LIFT in your voice (er, words, that is). You sound very upbeat, even with the upsetting choice that your daughter has made. (Nancy: If you have 3 kids and they are under age 12 - freeze them; if they are past 12 - it's too late. :lol: )

Congrats on the new Dell - and you will love the cable connection. I've had cable for about three years, and it's worth every cent. It has never been down except for when my modem pooped out a few months ago (which the cable company immediately replaced), and it is really, really FAST.

And a HUGE CONGRATULATION on your test results. I bet you have been doing some happy dancing. I'm very glad to hear the pericardial effusion is smaller. My husband still has his, too. It grew with the June scan, but stayed the same with this week's scan.

It's good to hear from you Cindy - WELCOME BACK!

Love,

Peggy