Bad MRI

Remembering Dave

OK Folks. As you probably know I started chemo this past Wed. and had an MRI immediately following the Chemo session. We just got the results from the MRI and they are not too good. I have two mets in the brain. I just got off the phone with my Onc. (9:00 on Friday night). He said that they are approx. 1/2 inch in diameter but not sure where they are since he has not seen the complete report. We will continue the chemo as scheduled, and the Onc. is going to talk to the Radiologist about stereotacticradiosurgery or Gamma Knife to get the brain tumors. Whole brain radiation is still an option. We are pretty floored needeless to say. The Onc said it was just like we are starting from square one. I have an appt Wed. morning with the Onc. and he said that by then he will have had time to talk to the Radiologist and get a Radiation plan started. Please keep us all in your prayers.

David C

David -

What did BobMc name his - frick and frack?

Com'on guys - let's come up with something even better than that for David.

We need names for the critters we're trying to exorcise!

Let me start - Mutt 'n' Jeff ?

Many, many hugs and many, many brain tumor hexes!

SandyS

Connie, I like dizzy, how about dizzy and lizzy.

David,

My friends mom had gamma knife procedure for a brain met today. Procedure went well, and she is feeling fine. Hopefully that will be an option for you.

You guys will be in my prayers,

faylene

Like Karen said, why name the tumors when they're about to DIE. These tumors are not long for this world. I know none of us could possibly hate anyone enough to name these tumors after them, but maybe there are a couple of imaginary characters we could all hate that much... Oh, and they must be very weak names, too.

BeckyCW (who is having a rough night, needless to say...)

David, I am so sorry to hear your bad news. I know you are a fighter and I hope these doctors come up with a game plan that will zap those critters all to bits.

I don't think we should name them with personal names...something that can be consumed quickly....how about grits and gravy? Being a southern boy (Virginia) you should be able to tackle those in one sitting.

I have you in my prayers David..and please excuse my weak attempt at cheering you up. This is serious stuff and it breaks my heart that you are having to go through all of this again.

Nina

Come up with a couple of good Texas names, you know how we are are with executions and the death penalty here in Texas, well kill em for ya.

Seriously, sorry to hear about this set back, however, you will make it past this and all will be better, we will all pray for you!!

Rick

David

You must be devastated. Go ahead and be that so that soon you can gather your strength to help Doctors get rid of the mets--. I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. I think one of the worse things about cancer is how sly it is. Dang mets sitting there causing no symptom and not even visible couple months prior--then seeming to come out of the blue....

I hate it. Even days when a person has no strange ache or slight pain don't mean a hill of beans...

Love to you all

elaine

David,

I agree with Peggy. Stereotactic is the way to go. I had it in June and it is so much less invasive than WBR, especially since you only have two mets. If the doctors say no, ask them why and give you the pros and cons. Stereotactic is a bit more expensive than WBR. Stereotactic is also a pin point radiation. Doesn't harm the good cells like it does in the WBR. Please research first. You, Karen and Faith are in my prayers...

God Bless and prayers,

Karen