Robert's Funeral

JoniRobertWilson

We are having Robert's funeral today. I think it will be beautiful. His boy scout troop is bringing in the flags - all of the boys parents allowed them to be a part of the service which really amazed me. All of those little boys who enjoyed nothing better than running around an pinching each other butts saying "chunkie chunkie" are going to pay their respects to a a gentle giant who was their leader. My sister made a beautiful DVD filled with pictures of Robert and his family, set to music entiteld "Who am I". The words are something like this - Who Am I, that the Lord of all the Earth, would care to know my name, would care to know my hurt? Who Am I that the bright and shinning star would choose to light my way...it is beautiful. A quartet of men are singing I Can Only Imagine. I don't know why I'm writing all this except that I so desperately want his funeral to be a beautiful expression of love from me to him. Do you think he'll konw, do you thynk he'll know that alex and I miss him so much, and that we're ready for him to come home to us now. Do you think he'll know that the phone hasn't stopped ringing and that the house has been filled with people missing him?

I love him. Miss him.

I hope yesterday went well for you dear. I know today is a very hard day for you as it was for me the day after and many months later, it is still hard and will be for some time yet. Just take in a deep breath or two off and on each day....

Wow, Joni,

Your poignant post about Robert's funeral is an incredible tribute to the man and your love for him. I can't imagine what is what like to have actually been there.

You have done him proud! We know it, those surrounding you know it, and most importantly, Robert knows it.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Joni,

I agree -- I think he already knew, and knows now, how much you all love him. This sounds just beautiful. I love the "Who am I" verses and would love to see or hear the whole thing sometime. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad, sad time.

BeckyCW