Test results=new challenges

SJAS

Hello all,

Well, this has been a rough couple of days (hmm, make that weeks, months, etc.) Steve's CT results showed that many of the old lesions are gone :D , but several new sites have shown up :cry: . His blood counts aren't good and the liver function which had been getting progressively better (almost normal last week) has taken a sudden downturn. He was supposed to have chemo today, but just got Zometa. He will start on Iressa asap - or as soon as I can convince the "insurance gods" to authorize it - which better be tmw.

The last few days he has been having some bloating. We mentioned it at his doctor appt. today and then got distracted by all the other issues and forgot to pursue it. Now, of course, tonight it has become much worse, to the point where I called the on-call doctor. He says it could be ascites. I know some of you have talked about bloating issues (Tess, I know you said you were going to follow up on it for Rob). My brain is in "park" right now, so any helpful info you could pass along would be appreciated. We will talk to the doctor tmw also.

Trying to hold it together - have had to use my dark glasses indoors a couple of times today. Just hoping people will think I'm just trying to be soooo cool. Thanks for all your help, support and sharing.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Joyce, I'm sorry I don't have any info on ascites but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you and Steve.

Cat

Joyce,

I don't know anything about ascites, either. I've never even heard that word, so I'm going to have to look it up later. I did want you to know, though, that I'm sorry your news isn't what you needed or wanted to hear. You and Steve will be in my prayers.

Love,

Peggy