MIRACLES Still Do Happen

Carolsdaughter

I have searched this website and I feel that this is the best location to share this.

It's been awhile since I have been here but I am happy to say that I still feel like I "know" so many of you. I remember well the hope, searching and the up's and down's that we all shared.

I have a personal story of hope about my son Nick and the journey that we have been on for over two months with still a long road ahead. Nick who is just 17 years old was seriously injured at work on July 10th, 2004 and he was taken by life flight to the hospital we we "lived" for the next month. A website was donated on his behalf to keep other's updated and for them to write in Nick's guest book. If you are interest in knowing more click on the link and explore and if you feel inclind sign his guest book for him he would love it he has heard from people from all over the world. http://www.furnersjourney.com/

When I lost my mom more then a year ago to LC I lost a huge piece of my soul. Nick's journey has helped to restore much of it back to me and I hope that it might also help and inspire you as well.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Shelly

Hi, Shelly! What a pleasant surprise to see your post! Sorry to hear about your son's accident, but very pleased he has come back so well. He is a real trooper. Nick rocks! I did vist the website and left him a message. My grandson is also 17, so I can relate. Take care and come back when you can. You've been missed. Blessings and healing to all. Don

Shelly,

It is so good to see you here..I just finished reading all about that wonderful son of yours, I agree he is a miracle and a very good looking one...What an incredible journey he has been on and your whole family as well..My brother suffered a closed head injury about 5 years ago, so I know about all the very hard work Nick is going through, being on the brink of life or death is very traumatic to say the least, especially when its our precious babies...

It sounds like you have a fantastic family and a wonderful support system in all of them..I'll be praying for Nick to recover from this tragic accident and for you too my friend...XO

PS your whole family is beautiful and so are you, its nice to put a face on someone Ive known but never seen..

What a blessing it is to have many great friends here.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement to both myself and Nick. As you all know life itsn't about what you have, it's about what you share and that is where the richest blessings come from.

Thanks Don and Fay A. for signing his guest book he reads it everyday and the exact words that people use doesn't even matter to him. He loves the feeling of being connected with so many people and by people he doesn't know signing he feels that connection so thank you.

Something a social worker said to me in the beginning of this journey.... " How do you eat a elephant?" "ONE bite at a Time".... That is how I have personally been able to mentally get through this, I take that days "elephant" no matter what it is and Just deal with that part. The next day will bring it's own elephant piece and then I am able to deal with that.

Blessings...

Shell,

I missed you. Please visit us more often. I unfortunately can't seem to leave here. I am for a third time on the family cancer journey with my sister and her breast cancer now. She is having a mastectomy next tuesday and then 6 rounds of chemo. I was hoping mom and dad would help us out, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.

Glad to hear from you though.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to let you know that Nick will be having another serious surgery on Feb 2nd. They will need to open him back up from ear to ear over the top of his head to place bone over the plate in his head and rebuild his nose. The thought of this surgery brings back a flood of emotions. These emotions are maybe something I didn't feel completely the first time because I was numb and in shock. I am afraid... yet I know that he will be okay. I don't feel that the Lord saved him six moths ago to let anything bad happen to him now.

If you get a chance will you say a prayer for him?

Shelly,

Oh Shelly, I am so sorry to hear you all have to go through another surgery. I will keep you ALL in my prayers, and if you don't mind I will send you a BIG AND WARM CYBER HUG,(((((((((SHELLY)))))))))

Cause you sound like you could use one!

Prayers going up.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks so much for your support and for signing Nick's guestbook on the website. Support from others can lift us when we are at our lowest point.

Nick surgery seems to have been a success. Currently, he is very bandaged and swollen. What hurts him the most is where they took part of his hip to repair his nose and forehead. I can't imagine what it feels like to have a bone graft. I can see that he has a nose that isn't flattened anymore. :D

• 3 months later...

An update on Nick~

Nicks has done very well with is last surgery or his "hip-nose-is" as we call it. :lol:

It looks like that in less then a month Nick will be graduating high school with his class! We are so very proud of him and what he has been able to accomplish! :D

If you get a minute drop him a line on his guestbook. That is where the UPDATEs currently are going. :wink:

Shelly, oh my gosh! It is no wonder you are so proud of Nick - he has really been through alot (you too). I can't imagine. I have a 23 year old son and I have been called to the ER more than once (high school baseball accident, car accident at work, etc.) but nothing as serious as Nick's accident. I signed Nick's guest book. I can see why you are so proud of him. Good luck to you both.

Hugs and prayers,

Nancy B