reached a milestone tonight.....

chloesmom

Hey everybody,

When I first quit smoking, I downloaded one of those quit meters from a website. That goofy thing motivated me so much during the past year + that I have quit smoking. I would have nightmares about returning to smoking, and one thing in those nightmares that really bothered me, other than failing at something really important, and having to admit to my doctors that I started again, was having to re-start that quit meter!

Well, I looked at it tonight, and ta-daa! Here it is:

One year, four months, one week, four days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 46 seconds. 10000 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,750.17. Life saved: 4 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes.

Did you see that 10,000 cigarettes not smoked????? I'm going for another 10,000!

Cindy

Cindy,

Congratulations on going so long without smoking! :D:D:D It's been 15 mo. for me. Still having smokiing dreams. In my dreams, I'm always smoking someplace inappropriate, become embarrassed that I had lit the cigarette there, and don't know what to do with it.

Muriel K

Keep it up there girl!!! Good for you. Only us former smokers can appreciate what you've done for yourself. Each day you are further away from the cigarettes is a victory. Now I find myself wanting to grab the people buying them at WAWA.

gail

18 Dec 02 my wife ask me what I wanted for my birdthday. I said for her and I both to quit cold turkey and never look back. We did it so I would like to congratulate all those that have made the break from that nasty thing. 3 weeks after I quit I was told that I have sclc. Hmmm wonder what me think of quitting. Can smell so much more now and clothes stink alot less.

Thank you all for your kind words--I've been so excited to see that meter turn to 10,000 and once it did I told everyone I know--and of course that includes my friends here at LCSC!!!!!

I'm grateful to have you all to 'talk' to--

One thing that has occurred to me with this is that I'm much happier and more comfortable celebrating the quit smoking milestones or anniversaries than I am with diagnosis, surgery anniversaries and all of that treatment and cancer-related stuff.

Even though I quit smoking because I was afraid of what was coming from my doctors, and, of course my fears became reality, I associate the quit smoking thing with happier feelings than the day they took the cancer out of my body.

On the one year anniversary of my quit, I was estatic and now with this 10K not smoked thing, I'm really happy too. But, I was kind of blue on the first anniversary of my surgery. What's up with that????

Ok, enough of my silly psyche--I guess it's just part of my strange new take on life!

Anyway, thanks as always for your never-ending support!!!!!

Cindy

I downloaded a meter when I quit smoking in April. I loved it when it would pop up and show me how many cigs I hadn't smoked or how much money I'd saved. The one part of that meter that just doesn't go fast enough is the Life Saved, it certainly takes awhile to add up from those darn things, but every minute counts :wink:

Kathy

cindy,

congratulations! i know that everyday is a battle for you against those darn things, but you are certainly winning! i say that you use that "saved" money to treat yourself to something really special. keep it up!

God bless,

mj

What a great battle you have fought!! I'm almost 6 yrs away from Salems.....and the urge still bites me now and again. It goes away as quickly as it comes....I calmly allow the random urges to die. So I know this addiction is very hard to beat. But it can be done and it must be done to save what's left of our lungs. Kudos for a job well-done Cindy.