Petscan & MRI results

mjb

Thought I would start a new topic in hopes Margaret will let us know how their results were. Ours are disappointing. Most of the tumors in the brain have decreased but the largest one has increased and has swelling.

That's the MRI. The Petscan shows cancer in lung is gone (good!) but they think it has shown up in the left adrenal gland. Oncologist recommends another round of chemo with different drugs but told us to go home and think about it. Meantime, he's having the radiation oncologist call us to discuss the brain tumor. Doesn't sound like a good candidate for gamma surgery and more radiation would fry his brain.

I'm pretty well cried out and we're not giving up! Will spend more time studying diet and trials and find out what are options are. Thanks so much for the response on my previous post - it helped me make it until today.

Margaret - Let us know how yours went. I said a prayer for y'all as we headed to the doctor's office.

MJB

MJB...

I'm so sorry the news wasn't totally good...but I too, like that you aren't giving up. You've got to work thru the bad part of the news and deal with those feelings though....and then shore yourself up to continue fighting with as much positivity as you can muster.

I'll be keeping positive thoughts that you have more options than it seems like at the moment....and please know we're here when you need to vent or rant. Hang in there......

MJB

Very sorry to hear results. Would you consider alternatives in conjunction with conventional? Would you mind taking a look at my post in Alternative Meds?

http://lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10469

John Robbins (Diet for a New American and on movie Supersize Me) was kind enough to talk to me on macrobiotics and felt it was fine but heartily suggested adding raw, organic veggies and fruit (a modicum)

Prayers and healing thoughts for you.

Cat

Hi, MJ, I was thinking of you today, too, and oh so much hoping for the best. I am sorry for your troubles. There is still time, study up, something may click. I will always watch for your posts now.

I am about to compose our results - sort of stable, a bit on the negative, it will be online shortly.

Big hug for you, Margaret

Thank you all. I'm allowing myself to be depressed for the rest of the day. But not tomorrow.

CAT - Actually, I have already looked at your post and have mentioned the diet to Scott (we won't discuss his reaction:). Thanks.

MJB

MJB

Sorry the news wasn't what you hoped. Ray A who is a member of the board recently had a met to one of his adrenals. He had the adrenal gland surgically removed. I don't know exactly what the criteria is for this but you might research it further.

love and fortitude

elaine

I just noticed that your husband has small cell. Ray has NSCLC and that might make a diference.

Elaine - I appreciate the suggestion. It wouldn't have occurred to me, but the doctor did mention that. His position was that if the cancer were no place else, that's what he'd recommend. But since it is elsewhere, the brain, he wouldn't recommend it. Waiting to talk to radiation oncologist.

MJB