Chula had her baby!!!!!

-Cheryl-

That is right! sometime at the crack of dawn, my mare named chula, had a black filly with a little star on her nose. She is all legs! I thought she would never get here. She is so adorable with her wobbly legs. I on the other hand am exhausted and at work. I am sorry that I have been off the boards for a few days. I spilt coffee on my key board to my web tv. I will have to find if any one makes them still- Walmart doesn't anymore.

My CT scans are all stable, even with a small shrinkage. I have a few more left then, will probably do a vaccine if treatmnt is necessary. I have been suffering from neurapathy in my feet pretty bad, My feet feet asleep or frozen. Any suggestion out there? I am also experiencing bad nose bleeds. Dr. McCullum from Mary Crowley's suggested neosynephrinie nose spray, which worked like magic! It was gross, coming out in streams with huge clots. My platelets were low, which is why this happened. I was pretty scarey because it just poored all over my clothes and into rags. Might I also suggest, to pack your nose and tilt your head back. An ice cold rag helps

too.

Good to talk to you all, It will be a couple of days probably before we find the right board that mathces our web tv.

Take Care,

Cheryl

Wow Cheryl..congratulations on the new arrival. My daughter has been riding horses since she was 5 and she was lucky enough to help welcome a new foul last summer. The stable owner let all the riders vote on the name-- talk about some excited little girls!

About your neuropathy, CURE magazine has an article on chemo related neuropathy in their new issue. I am at work and can't grab it to give you the highlights right now. I know you can read it online also, but you're out of commission with the broken key board. I'll try to post something when I get home.

It is good to hear from you~

Rochelle

Cheryl,

I have the same problem with the neuropathy in my feet. I got it 5 years ago from diabetes. I got worse with chemo and then better after the chemo was stopped. I still have it. One thing I wanted to say is watch your feet for injuries. check them daily. With the neuropathy you may not feel injuries.

Cheyl---congrats on your new arrival--any names yet?

and great , great news on your shrinkage---stable is very good news

I am sorry to hear about your feet--hopefully you will get some good suggestions from the board

regards

Cheryl,

Congrats on the new addition; she sounds adorable!!

Can empathize with the neuropathy......my hands and feet are affected, the worst is my left hand; I can't feel anything and trying to do buttons or any kind of intricate work is sooooooo frustrating!

Good to see you,

Mary

Cheryl,

How exciting! Can you post a picture of your newest star nosed foal?

I can relate to the Neuropathy. I can no longer feel my right foot (has that pins and needles feeling 24/7) so my Primary Care Doc is putting me back on Neurontin with the hopes it will help. I'll let you know if it works this time around.

Congrats on the Stable Scans with possibly some shrinkage.

Cheryl,

Congrats on the new addition! Isn't that awesome? No experience with horses, but I have bred puppies (once) and it was so cool. Enjoy that colt.

Neuropathy--no answers here, just empathy. I have pins and needles in my feet and , I don't know if this is neuropathy or not, but if I sit for a while, and not a long while, when I get up and walk, it's like Frankenstein on the move till I get warmed up.

I see my onc next month and my surgeons as well, and I'm gonna ask some questions, but I don't think there's really a solution. I had heard vitamin B6 might help, but I don't know.

On the other hand, I do feel good and I'm moving around fine, when I get moving, so I'm not really complaining.

Cindy

Cheryl,

How exciting -- a new foal AND good news about your progress. Too bad that it has to be dimmed a bit by the neuropathy, not to mention the awful nose bleeds -- but at least the latter is a thing of the past. Len has been on neurontin, both pre lc (for excruciating leg pain from spinal bone spurts that were finally removed surgically) and now for the residual pain from the lobectomy. It works wonders on some people although I don't really think it has done anything for Len -- in fact, he's reducing it to the point that he's going to stop taking it at all in a week or so. But it might be worth trying.

Ellen

Cheryl,

Congratulation on that new little filly. Have you named her yet? When my husband was in Vietnam, I lived with his family and they raised Apalloosa ponies (POAs). I remember early one morning being woke up that their new little colt, named Beau, was born. It was so exciting to be out there just after daylight looking at that cute little wobbly baby colt! Thanks for bringing back that memory.

I'm also glad to hear you have stable scans, but sorry to hear about those horrible nose bleeds and the neuropathy. My husband had some neuropathy with chemo, but nothing as bad as what you describe. I hope you get an answer for that real soon.

Take care of yourself!

Love,

Peggy