Quickly checking in......

Angie Daughter of Bill

Hello all!! I have missed all of you soooo much!! My internet has been down. (and still is) I am at my Mom's right now.

My Dad made it through WBR and he started Alimta on Dec. 31st. He has been fighting bronchitis/pneumonia for the past week or so. He has had a pretty rough time of it here lately. He is sooooo tired and he can hardly sleep because he coughs so much. He is getting a bit better. If he could just get over this cough..........He has some Rx cough medicine to take. The doctor told him to take 3-4tsp. instead of the usual 1-2tsp. It does help some but not a lot.

My uncle who was diagnosed with small cell is doing a bit better. He just finished WBR and is still doing chemo. He is really tired. He still has problems with walking and balance. He is using a walker to get around now. The doctors say that the balance problems will probably not get any better than it is right now. I pray that they are wrong.

Just a few things.............Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about your brain mets! My heart just sank when I heard about it. I'm so sorry. You are such a fighter. I know you will get through this bump in the road. David C., I hope that what is showing up on your scan is NOT brain mets. I will be praying for you. To Snowflake and stand4hope, thank you so much for calling to check on me. That really meant a lot to me. Connie B., sorry I missed your call. Please try again. I would love to talk with you.

Until I get my internet going, if anyone would like to contact me, please use my e-mail address. It is chismfamily@earthlink.net. Please put LCSC somewhere in the subject line so I will know it is one of you guys. I have been praying for all of you and will continue to do so. Love to all!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Angie,

I am so glad to hear from you. I was really getting worried about you and your family. As for the bronchitis...its going around. I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now and just changed my antibiotics today. The doctor tells me this one is rough and just takes a while to get over. I too cough my head off at night (for that matter all day too) and have felt worse than I have since my surgery. I hope the doc is right and that we both get over this monster soon so we can get some rest and start to enjoy life again. Must be an Alabama thing.

Nina

Thanks for checking in! Wish the New Year's cocktail was something other than chemo, but I hope your dad was able to wash it down with a toast to better days ahead! All of you for that matter.

And here's to cough free and restful nights, too.

love you all and lots of fortitude.

elaine