In the pink again!

SDianneB

And feeling MUCH better - at last! Whew. I was SO sick - for a month. About to rebel against a handful of docs, but this gastroenterologist fixed me up Monday - ECRP. He put in a scope, found a BIG gallstone, took it out, and inserted a stent into the bile duct. He said when he did that, a LOT of bile gushed out. Ewwww.

By the end of the day, my color was improving, and I was feeling much better. Still a little belly ache, but not so bad. I spent the night in the hospital because I had an infection from the icky stuff in my system, but by Tuesday, I was feeling a lot better. Yesterday, I knocked on wood all day wondering when my belly would start to rumble and ache, and it did NOT! Yay! Hasn't today either. (Knocking on wood again!)

I can't remember feeling quite so bad from any other illness. I was really, really jaundiced, an almost constant pain/upset right in the middle of my gut, urine was really dark and smelly, stools pale (because the bile was being processed through my kidneys rather than my intestines as it should have been).

The doc says it will take a week or 10 days for me to get back up to snuff. I'm still weak from not eating. (I dropped about 30 lbs in a month. Not that I couldn't stand to lose it, but not that way!) But, I'm all fixed up and on my way to recovering from this.

Thanks to all of you who emailed and sent me messages -- I truly appreciate it.

Di

Karen, I think you are 100% correct -- it had been going on a while. The gastroenterologist thinks so too. He said it would take a while for bile to build up that much. One of his possibilities is that there was some scarring from radiation causing the occlusion, and it was last Sept. since I'd had radiation in that part of my body. He said the timing would be about right -- healing isn't that fast, as as it heals, the scar tissue builds, and gradually stops up the duct. Makes sense. Guess I'll find out soon!

You and David & I need to write a book about scans, tests, and more scans and tests that only make more and more docs wring their hands. Ha.

Di

Yay, Di!!

I escaped having the ERCP done on myself...barely. I am glad that he was able to get this unclogged for you! Now. Rest up and get your health back. I hope that you are able to eat again, normally, real soon.

Looking forward to more of your wisdom in your posts...

Love, Cindi

Di! So glad you are feeling better! Those gallstones can really make you feel terrible! Was with my Mother-in-Law when she had an attack; was miserable! I felt so sorry for her!

Glad doctor was able to help you to feel better so quickly! Hope the rest of the healing goes quickly, too. Enjoy the spring! Love, Marge

Wow! Di, that sounds horrible. You have really had a hard time. I'm glad to hear you are getting good skin color back. That is very frightening to read about something like that happening. It kind of made me shiver while I was reading about it. With everything else, you sure didn't need that, but I'm glad to hear that things are better.

Love,

Peggy