Hello All ( Help! )

Guest youngnblessed

Guest youngnblessed

Hello,

I am here because my husband of almost three months had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. As of today he has a large mass in his rigth lung, small mass in left lung, tumor in his liver, and it is rapidly growing. He informed me about this site a few weeks ago and up until today I hadnt had the courage or mind set to visit.

I am 23yrs old, and scared out of my mind as to what the next day holds. I dont know who to talk to and sometimes perfer not to talk at all. We have told since the diagnosis a selected few, the truth of what is happening and everyday I am asked how are you doing? Are you OK? The truth is I dont know! My mind is running in overtime and I need help? And after really looking at the site today, and being at the point of tears I know that you all can help me, just as you help my husband to smile when he is in so much pain or is upset. Thank You all in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Hello Youngnblessed !

Sorry to find you here on this board.But you will find a lot of encourings here-we are many with LC.Often relatives feel more need for support than the induvidual with LC.

Keep on posting.We are all a big family to support and pray for you

Dear Young,

None of us are ever prepared to hear that someone we love has a serious disease. It is especially difficult when someone is so young.

You have found the right place to offer you support and information. Come here to vent, to cry, to ask questions or just to feel like you are not alone.

Become an advocate for your husband. If you can, go to his appointments, two sets of ears are always better.

Let us know how we can help you.

Welcome to this site. Sorry you have to be here, but keep your chin up and a positive attitude.

There are many on this site who are survivors of the conditions you are facing. My advice to you is to get started on the right foot. Being from the Northeast too and somewhat familiar with New England, I strongly suggest you get involved immediately with The Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. They may have satellite facilities in Burlington or somewhere near. Web address is"WWW.cancercare.harvard.edu. I briefly scanned the site and they have all the contact info for newly diagnosed patients and toll free numbers to get started. That will start things at the very best level and you will get the very newest ideas on how to proceed. Good Luck and God Bless.

CharlieD

Hello. I am so sorry that you have to be here. Has your husband already posted? Maybe you could let us know a little bit about your husband's condition and then the guys who know most about it will be able to help you out.

This is a good place to be if, regrettably, you need to be somewhere like this.

Dee

Hello,

I can understand your state of mind..I am also new to this..My brother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer..The people you will meet here, are the most caring, God Sent,group I have ever met..They will be your strength from now on..There is nothing they do not know, they have all been through this..Please ask questions, like I do all the time..You will find the answers and the strength you need from every one here..I will keep you and your husband in my prayers..

God Bless..

Donna :wink:

You found a great place to be, so don't hesitate to use us. This is the place to let your thoughts and feelings out!!

My suggestion, besides coming here, reading and sharing, is get a hold of anything by Dr. Bernie Siegel. His first book, I believe, was Love, Medicine, and Miracles, and I buy it for people I know who are diagnosed.

gail

Welcome to our support family.This is without a doubt a very scary and difficult time and disease.

There are many survivors here and a lot of knowledge to help you along this journey.Just about anything that comes along,someone here has been thru it and may be able to help you.

Hi and Welcome

Please know you have found a wonderful place and there are people here who can help, answer questions, lend a shoulder to cry on,laugh with, whatever you may need on any given day, its here.

I cannot even fathom having to deal with this at such an early age. I know we have many here 23 or so, but most often its because of a parent or other family member. Is your husband I am assuming near your young age of 23? Any age is too young, but this is a new one for me. I dont really have any advise for you on this journey other than become educated, its your best tool in fighting this disease. Some days it will be tough and seem much easier to crawl in a hole, but dont let yourself or your hubby. Well maybe for a day on accasion. Any way tis was supossed to be a quick welcome and I started rattleing away.

Again welcome and dont be a stranger

Kim

Hi Young,

So sorry for your husbands diagnosis. My heart goes out to you guys being so young and just married. Life is not fair at times, but thats all we have. When it throws us off course, we have to do all we can to get back on and continue going in the right direction.

The hardest time you will have is right now, when you first receive the diagnonis. The uncertainty of not knowing what to expect. We have all been through what you are going through. Once he starts treatment you guys will feel much better. But he has to start right away.

If for any reason, his doctor is not supportive or you are not comfortable, always get a 2nd opinion, or a 3rd if need be.

This is extremely important: LC is NOT a death sentence. It is very treatable. Your husband I imagine is young and that is a BIG plus. Stastics means nothing here. It is just a number. Do not let that scare you. This board is survirors of LC...People beat the odds her all the time. They might get a diagnois for 1 year, when 8 years later they are still going strong.

We are a very supportive family and we are always here for you. Anything you want to ask us please do because we are a wealth of knowlege.

We understand how scared you are. This will get better. You have to start fighting now and you WILL win this battle. Keep a positive attidude as that will help tremendously toward his recovery. He will also need all the support of family and friends.

Keep us posted on his test results and his progress.

When you find the time update a profile to put at the end of your post, so we know his progress.

If you want to share anything personal please do. We would like to get to know you a little better.

Sorry you had to come here, but as you read the postings to you and others, you will see how supportive and knowledgeable we are.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

Maryanne

Hello and welcome to this site. This is a good place to come just to talk and unload or to look for information.

I remember when I first found out that I probably had lung cancer, my emotions were shock, disbelief and irriation that I had to deal with it. I had a likely diagnosis in November and found this site in December 2003 after my PET scan corroborated a lung cancer diagnosis. I coped with it by going on line for hours at a time and learning everything I could about it. I think it helped. It was better than sitting around and worrying about it anyway. My advice to you is to learn as much as you can about your husband's disease and to be an advocate.

Don M

You must feel as if you're caught in a big tornado, swirling around terrified and confused and with no idea how to save yourself or your husband. You've done the best thing you can do for both of you by finding others to share your feelings with, gain experience from, and huddle together with when you feel alone.

If your doctor can prescribe an anti-depressant, you may feel a bit stronger and more able to face things day to day. Spend your pent up energy and adrenalin researching this disease, the treatments, the doctors, the choices. It's a little less scarey when you realise you do have choices and the power of knowledge can be a great weapon against the cancer.

I know everyone here would give you a big hug in person if they could. Hope you can feel it!

Leslie

Hi Youngnblessed,

How sorry it is when young people become victims of this cursed disease. My daughter, who is two years older than you, was the hardest to tell when I was diagnosed stage IV. Suddenly your life seems to be in a shambles and all the future plans you have so happily made, seem to go out the window.

This is not a death sentence. You will hear it again and again, here and from others. God gives us all a purpose in life, and we often don't get to choose that purpose. You are OK, and can be a light for your husband and others to see. Hold strong to your faith, and don't be afraid to ask many many questions. Ask until you completely understand, until you have viewed all the reports, xrays, CT's, MRI's and had them interpreted for you. Be his eyes and ears. He is fortunate to have you.

I'm so sorry you are here, but you have found a place where you will be lifted up, encouraged and held in prayer.

Michael

:( Hello --and you and your husband have found the perfect site to share experiences,feelings, and ask questions. This site has been my piece of heaven. You are too young to be dealing with this--and I pray for you and your husband. He is young and has alot of energy to fight this beast.NEVER give up and both of you hang in there. This is not a death sentence for him and there are always new treatments and drugs coming out. Vent to us anytime!! We will be here for you. God Bless,Nancy C

I would just like to welcome you and let you know that we are so very glad you have decided to join us. As you are finding out, there are many warm and compassionate people here to help you along. Keep us informed of your husband's progress and treatment. If you have questions, there are nearly always folks that have experience to answer questions you may have.. God Bless you .

Love and Prayers,

Sue