Support

Don Wood

Lucie and I are working through a local cancer support organization with another couple touched by LC. The guy has SCLC, Stage IV. We have been giving them couple-to-couple support for about 9 months now.

Lucie is now feeling well enough to expand our support work. So we have just this week taken on a new couple. He has NSCLC, Stage IV. We made our first contact, and will continue to keep in touch.

I think it helps us both to reach out to others who are on this same road, just as we all do here. Glad Lucie is feeling up to doing this at this time. Don

Hi Don & Lucie,

You are a special couple that gives so much of yourselves and that is a treasured gift to all you come in contact with.

You have touch so many lives.

Maryanne

Congratulations Don and Lucie for going the extra distance to help others travelling such a familiar road. I know what you mean Don, when you say how much it helps the two of you when you are in the support roll. I have been attending LC support meetings monthly for the past five months; and even though the conversations are the same as we have here on the message board, it takes on a much more personal feel when done face to face. Way to go you two -- you continue to inspire and motivate many of us with all your examples of caring and sharing. Take care.

David P.

Wow! That sounds just wonderful. This can be such a huge strain on even the best of relationships. I know Greg & I sometimes have the most incredibly stupid arguments & it's always just because this disease is making it hard for us to react in our usual manner. You are truly blessed to be doing this great work. And I'm so glad to hear that Lucie is up to it.

Hugs & prayers,

Melanie

I call it being able to give back a little bit for the privelege of being a survivor!! I'm so glad Lucie is feeling up to doing this...as I'm sure both your spirits are always willing...it's just that sometimes the body doesn't cooperate, eh? :wink:

The couples you are helping must be enormously grateful.

Lucie! I am so happy to hear you're feeling up to all this. what a gift you both are to these couples! you're so committed, and I truly believe it will help you, too, stay healthy and whole.

love, prayers, and admiration.

xoxo

amie

Don and Lucie,

What an inspiration the two of you are. It's just wonderful that you are able to help others along your journey.

I have been looking for an appropriate time to tell you how much I love your new picture. It's so good to see your faces. They radiate love and kindness.

Thank you for all you give here everyday. Lucie's journey has certainly given hope to many of us and Don you are an inspiration, yourself , not to mention what an awesome caregiver you are. God Bless you both.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Don and Lucie,

I have a pretty good idea of just how appreciative the people you are supporting must feel. I think that it's wonderful of you two to give so much to others. And I am very happy that Lucie is well enough to take this on.

You guys are wonderful.