JUSTAKID...

cindi o'h

Beth said that it was alright if I post an update... "It's all up to you".

Because I know how much everyone loves Beth and sends their well wishes and love, I shall post. You are all a great group and I know that you care.

Her email starts out...

That she was admitted to the hospital on Thursday night. Her pulmonologist was out of town so a partner filled in. They ran a CT, XR, doppler, blood work, etc. The blood clots (PE) have shrunk and only one small one remains.

She has a conflict between the docs. It seems there is a difference of opinion between the fill-in pulm. and her reg pulm and oncodoc.

The fill-in pulm. says there has been cancer spread since May including at least two spine mets.

While her reg. pulm. and oncodoc say that she is stable since May and has bone densities on her spine rather than the holes in the bone that would sound an alarm for mets.

Beth conned the pulmonologist to release her to home instead of "rotting in the hospital over the weekend."

She has another chemo scheduled for Monday (Alimta and Avastin) and the onco will have the hospital reports to read and discuss.

Beth says, "I'm scared, Cindi, really scared! The oncall doc did say that morphine and fentanyl can be given through the nebulizer to try to breathe easier at a later date. I told her that morphine does not help me with pain."

And then,

Love ya.

Beth.

Thanks Cindi for posting for Beth.

I just don't know what to say at this point. I feel helpless that I can't do anything to take her physical and mental pain away.

I will keep my candle lit for her. And keep saying my meditation prayers. That's all I can do.

My heart breaks for her, big time.

Maryanne

Cindi,

Thank you for the update. Beth, I haven't been able to get you off my mind. Somehow, I just feel that your case just doesn't add up in my mind. I know there have to be answers for you. Now ,it seems that there are two docs of one opinion and another comes along with a different and upsetting opinion. More opinions can be good, but it will be interesting to see what your regular pulmonologist has to say about this latest opinion. You have my prayers Beth. Your family has my prayers too.

Love,

Sue

Cindi,

Thanks for the update. Beth, you are in my prayers. It all sounds so very weird that the Docs could be in such disagreement and then more Alimta next week. I guess we have to have faith that they know what they are doing. Hang tough my friend and God Bless.

CharlieD

Beth

Again, I'm so sorry for the rough time that you are having and wish that I knew what to say or do that will help. And now your doctors disagree on things. Thank goodness you had a short break from the hospital and got home this weekend.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

((((Beth))))

gail p-m

Thanks Cindi for the update on Beth.

Beth...I am so sorry you are going through all of this mental aguish as well as physical discomfort. Hopefully, on Monday the oncologist will have the "right" answer and all will be better. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up.

Nina

Beth,

I've been thinking of you, I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your doctors on top of everything else.

I wish I could just make it all go away and send you home to those little one's of yours.

Praying you have an answer this week.

Kathy

Thanks, Cindi, for posting, and Beth, hope you have a relatively peaceful weekend at home and that next week will provide more answers for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I know you'll hang in there until they figure out what's going on and how to fix it!

Ellen