Had enough!!!!

Shar

Right now I should be on top of the world. My results were fantastic 2 weeks ago and for that I am so very grateful. However, the past 3 weeks have taken their toll. I had my wisdom teeth removed and to cut a long story short I was prescribed penicillin. I have had problems with it while I have been on tarceva, but because I was so out of it on the day, I took it. In fact I took it for 3 days before the awful side effects started appearing.

I have massive welt size lumps all over my thighs and stomach and now the skin has peeled off them. I can't bear anything touching them. The only other option is to live in a nudist colony, I wouldn't ever subject anybody to that sight anyway!!!

I won't go into huge detail, let's just say that my inflatable donut cushion is my best friend right now.

On top of all of that, my beloved dog ran away 2 weeks ago. Once upon a time, I would have handled that news ok, but I am still crying everyday for him and I force myself to the dog pound every 2 days to look for him. I am sure the people working there are wondering why I walk looking as if a carrot is stuck up my butt!!!

I am such a cry baby these days, something I never was. I was sitting at the hospital pharmacy this morning and tears just started falling. What is that??

I am sure I will snap out of this and I really feel I dont have any right to whinge and complain when others are going through a whole lot more.

Anyway, just needed to vent and I feel a bit better having done so!! Thanks guys, maybe a beer will help!

Oh Shar,

Firstly, you came to the right place for many reasons. Most importantly, that tall, cold beer.

Cindi will fix you right up, my dear. Haven't heard a story that required a pint in a long time. Yours certainly deserves one!

Damn dog! Doesn't he know you need him right now? I am thinking that he found himself a girlfriend. Or better yet, some kindly children to play with. If he doesn't come home, that is where he is.

As kids, we used to bring home dogs all the time. Can we keep him??? (No!!!) So we were would talk ourselves into this dog was abandoned and all that rott, and we would innocently hide out our new dog/friend until he would run himself back home where the food was a whole lot better!

Try wearing a pareau or lava lava. That is a comfy wrap to wear around the house.

Poor thing. As they would say on Hee Haw...if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

How long are those welts expected to be with you?

Take care!

Cindi o'h

Shar, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time of things right now. I can't even imagine how painful this must be for you! I just hate having any problem that is tooth related, as I seem to always have some type of complication! Honestly, I'm to the point that I have to get all loaded up on anti-anxiety meds before going for even a cleaning because I know there will be some type of problem!

As for the dog, man is his timing off!!! Do you have any kids in the neighborhood that might help look for him? I'm just so sorry you have all this s*** happening right now and really sorry to hear you were crying. Hey...crying is definitely allowed! Big girls do cry...and I think I hold the world's record! Why don't we meet at Cindi's Pub, have a few drinks and shed some serious cyber tears???

Oh Shar,

You are having a really tough time of it right now and venting for awhile never hurts. You deserve it. You are having quite a reaction to that penicillin. Can they give you anything to help with that. But, being a real dog lover and having 2 dogs of my own, I bet that your dog running off is far worse than your penicilln reaction. I'm so sorry he's run off. I'm sure you've postered your area with dog's picture. Keep trying the local pound. And don't give up hope. Your dog just might turn up when you least expect it. I really do hope so!

Wish I had more "words of wisdom" to offer you during this tough time. But do cry and let it all out. Things will get better soon.

(((Shar))

Gail p-m

Hugs for Shar,

I'm so sorry all this is happening to you. Hope all this resolves itself soon, including your pup coming back. It sounds like you have every right to sit down and cry. If you need a beer drinking partner, I'll be glad to join you.. :lol: Cindi runs a great pub. Meet you there.

Love and Prayers ,

Sue

Shar,

You have every reason to break into tears so often. My gosh, with everything you are going through right now any one would have trouble.

I'm sorry about your pooch, I would have an awful time if mine took off. It would break my heart and I'd be checking every pound and vet clinic I could find.

Tears are good, let them come, I hope things get better soon.

Take care

Kathy

Reading about your legs made me want to cry too Shar. Bless your heart. Sounds horrible. I love dogs and feel bad about your friend not being there. You are having a touch time of it. Cut yourself some slack and let the tears come. That will help you let some of the tension out that is in you. How can someone who has cancer not be tense? praying for some peace and calm to come into your life. pammie

Shar,

I am truly sorry to hear you having such a hard time right now. Just remember to take it one day at a time and things WILL get better. I will be praying for you.

We had a boxer that ran away a few months ago. It really hurt us and my two year old. We decided to get another dog to replace her. That really helped. There are so many dogs out there that need someone like you to take them in. It's obvious you are an animal lover. Good luck with everything.

Living life,

Jamie

Yikes...you have every right to vent and I am very glad you have!

Someone suggested maybe there is something they can give you to help with the discomfort...please do call your doc if you haven't already. ((((Shar))))

Years ago I had a really bad sunburn and could stand NOTHING against my skin but there were times at home when I had to put something on, so I took a twin flat sheet, folded it and cut a hole and wore it like some long draping poncho! I was a sight for sore eyes but it kinda worked.

Hope your dog comes home...I know how awful it is when one of your fur babies goes missing!

Love and light

Libby

Shar, I don't know how I missed this post. I am so sorry you have so much BALONEY happening right now. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm not even the one with the LC and I cry at the drop of a hat right now. Losing a pet and feeling crappy are REAL, who wouldn't be bummed!?

I hope your welts subside soon, and you can get back to celebrating your good LC news. About the dog - I do hope he comes back. I recently had to let go of two pets I loved with all my heart, and someone told me that maybe their new mama needed them even more than I did...just a thought, it comforted me.

xoxo

amie

Hi Shar,

You sure have reason to be upset. I know I would feel the same way. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he finds his way home.

I am sending you prayers for a quick recovery and for those awful lumps to just disapear.

Hang in there this too shall pass.

Maryanne

Hi Char!

I am so sorry to hear all your troubles. I remember how bad it was getting wisdom teeth out and I can relate to your dog as I think my neighbor shot my favorite kitty two weeks ago. I have been to the APL and look on the internet on their website, but I fear the worst. I think they were trapping and killing skunks from the woods. My cat usually never goes out. I heard a blood curling screech of a cat and I never saw her again. My heart is broken. Someone gave me a little black kitten, but I still miss my Jennie. Hope you feel better and hope someone finds your pup.

Sharon