An Update about "ME"...

sharyn

Well, I don't know why, but tonight I am feeling I need to update my LC friends on the happenings in my life.

With Winter quickly approaching, I am dreading the long nights... I am dreading it for Mom as she is so much more active in the summer months. All in all, we are doing well. To say that Daddy is in my thoughts frequently would be an understatment, I think of him all the time and hope he knows how much he is missed.

My daughter is 7 weeks away from making me a grandma, I can hardly believe how fast these 9 months have passed by...(she may feel differently)... we don't know if it is a boy or girl, so it will be a surprise. She has asked that I be in the labor and delivery room with her and her husband... I feel honored and abit overwhelmed, I am hoping I can "hold it together" for her. I cry easily now... and I know when I see that precious angel I will completely lose it... My Dad always said, "When God takes a life, he will give you one to replace it".... those words echo through my head and I do feel this child is a gift from above that Daddy somehow had his hands involved with... Sara had such difficulty conceiving.... IV, IVF... etc.(with no success) and then Daddy passed and BOOM... she got pregnant naturally.

So, I am crocheting the baby blanket.... (I still say I am TOO YOUNG for this)LOL.... and counting the days away... I ask you to keep us in your prayers for a healthy and safe delivery for both Mom and Baby....(and a prayer for grandma wouldn't hurt!!)

Love you guys... Sharon

Sharyn!!!!!!!!

Wow, grandma, we are so happy for you.

Your father is so close with you guys!!

My youngest son and his wife asked me to be in the delivery room when Parker was born. They had a couple scares during the pregnancy and wanted so extra support if things did not go smoothly. It was an awesome and blessed experience. (Everything was fine......and will be for your family, too!)

Sending love and hugs and pink and blue dreams.

Brian and Pat

Grandma Sharyn! You look way too young for that title, but I hear it is a pretty neat title to hold.

I know it must be so tough for you and your Mom but I am glad you have a new bundle arriving to reinforce the good things in life. I always said I wish I could figure out how to get grandkids without having to have the kids......I'm still working on it.

Enjoy the birthing experience, albeit from a little different angle.

Take care,

Lynne

Sharon

That's very exciting news -- your becoming a grandmother and even being invited for the birth. I also agree that you look way too young to become a grandma.

that was also an interesting story about your daughter having fertility problems and then when your dad passed.... it does make you wonder.

thanks for updating us.

gail p-m

it's so good to hear all of that sharyn, and I can't wait to see pictures of that new grandbaby!!! I always hesitate to say much about me, but I am always so glad to get to know other caregivers as well as the people with LC here - guess I should take a hint, huh? :D

keep us posted on the baby-wait! and thanks.

xoxo

bunny

Sharon,

You'll certainly be one of the most beautiful grandmas I have ever seen and will probably have many folks mistaking you for "mom". I'm so glad to hear how much joy the upcoming birth is bringing you and your family and I'm sure your Dad is with you all the way.

Not that I think you'll forget, but remember to post some pictures because you know how much we love to see babies around here!

Love and prayers,

Sharon, I am so so happy for your coming "UPGRADE", :D I pray that they are all safe. You are saying (your dear dad) the right thing - God will give you a precious one after he takes one. I like this. Thanks for sharing. Your dear dad is certainly watching over you all with a great and kind smile. The baby is so cherished.

Sharon,

This is wonderful news. It's okay to cry "happy tears" in the delivery room . What you have to say here about "When God takes life , he gives you one to replace it" reminds me of when my grandmother passed away. It wasn't long after her death that I found out that I had gotten pregnant the same month she died . I felt as you did. I always felt my grandmother was a part of it and it gave me a lot of comfort in the months after her death.

You have my prayers for a healthy grandbaby and prayers to help your mom and you along through the coming months.

Love,

Sue

Sharyn, this is wonderful news! I have to agree about you being way to young for this. I know I'll feel the same way. I love the expression.."When God Closes A Door, He Opens a Window." It sounds as if that window is about to swing open for you!!!