Bone Mets

AdaW

Dear Friends,

Today I learned that there is good reason that I have had so much pain in my leg. My cancer has spread to the femur and pelvis and according to the reports, elsewhere also. I'll let the doctor explain the reports to us when we go back to Nashville on Monday.

We have an appt. at 1:00 p.m. on Monday to start treatments. I think I will need 5-6 radiation treatments, but need to meet with the radiation oncologist first to get more details. After radiation is over, I will wait 2 weeks before starting chemo again. I'm anxious to get started because I always feel more comfortable knowing that I am taking action against the cancer.

I have been very lucky throughout this 2-year cancer ordeal to not have gotten very sick from the chemo or radiation The surgery set me back, but I was on the mend. It's just been since the 2 hospitalizations for subcutaneous mets that I have started to feel "sick." It's the first time I have allowed myself to admit that I am sick. I am still praying for remission.

Hoping for the best for all of us.

Ada

Dear Ada,

It's good to know what has been causeing you so much pain. I have heard that radiation on bone mets is very effective for pain. I know you have to wait the weekend before treatment starts but try to use that time for rest if you can. You will know that on Mon. your treatment will begin to zap the bone mets.

I pray that you will be able to rest in comfort this weekend.

Hugs, Shelly

Oh, Ada, I'm praying for your remission as well! I'm so glad you've felt relatively well these past two years. My dad always feels better after chemo as well. I'm sure it gives you some sense of "control". You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Dear Ada,

Another hurdle for you my friend. You are such a fighter! And will overcome this too. You have kept this nasty demon at bay before and will conquer it this time as well. You rest this weekend and let us worry for you. I do it oh so well Ha! Myself and the other members of this board are hear to fight this battle together! May God strengthen you and send angels to protect you.

Cheryl

Ada,

You certainly keep getting hit with new battles to fight. Bill does too. He just finished 12 radiation treatments to his pelvis and they significantly reduced the pain. I hope you have the same results.

He had to delay the chemo for the radiation but is back on track now.

Keep us posted about your treatments and progress.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Peg

Ada,

You sure are one he///// of a lady. You have so much going for you right now because you have determination... All the times buddy has had radiation for certain areas, it has been 10 treatments.

I know you are glad to be going back home because one can feel secure at home. God Bless you in your fight.

Ada

I so hope all goes well for you with the radiation treatments. You have remained ever strong with all of this and it shows through your posts. My thoughts and prayers will always be there.

Ada, My dad also had radiation for bone mets to the hip.... Treatments were uneventful, he just seemed a little more fatigued... and the outcome was a good one. Keep fighting Ada, you are a brave, strong woman and we are all thinking of you and praying for remission. Love, Sharon

Dear Ada

sorry to hear of your latest set-back---but you are one strong lady

and you will get through this as you have the other treatments

praying for your remission

eileen

nsclc stage 1A

lobectomy 6/00

Ada,

Once again a bump in the road. However, hearing you say your not feeling well, is a great accomplishment for you as well my friend. You can be strong on the outside, but what is really going on inside??? :? I SOO Hope and Pray all goes well with your new treatments and game plan. And I see NO REASON WHY you can't go back into remission my friend. That I know of, there aren't any limits to how manys!!! :wink:

I'm with you in prayer and your in my thoughts. ((((((((((ADA)))))))))

Sending you a Friendship HUG!!

Warm And Gentle Hugs,

Ada,

I'm sorry to hear of the bone mets...my mom has a bone involvement too, and radiation completely took the pain away from the most severe one. Also, make sure you ask your docs about the drug ZOMETA. It repairs damage and can prevent more bone mets.

Rest up, and get ready to keep fighting this monster.

Thinking of you

Laura

Dear Friends,

I wanted to let you know that I am back home after completing 5 of a total of 10 radiation treatments to my pelvis. They changed my pain medication, but this is still very painful. We are managing.

The plan is go travel to Nashville next week, return home for 2 weeks and then return to Nashville once a week for 8 weeks for a clinical trial of Taxotere and Topotecan. They may change their minds about which clinical trial I will be on because they are taking another look at the pathology slide from my original tumor. The oncologist thinks my tumor isn't "behaving" like typical NSCLC but may have features of BAC. Interesting. We shall see.

I'll keep you posted. Thinking of all of you with great concern and affection.

Ada

Dear Ada,

I'm sending you my prayers for a speedy recovery and good results from whatever the docs decide is the right thing to do.

I've been dealing with Adenocarcinoma with Bronchioloalveolar Features for the past 4 years, and it IS a strange piece of work. I've done a great deal of reading about it, and BAC "behaves" any way it darn well chooses, not necessarily as a "typical" lung cancer (as if there is such a thing as a typical lung cancer. It's as individual as our own DNA).

You hang in there, Dear Lady.

Fay A.

Guest MomOTwins

Praying for you Ada. I know that with your positive outlook and tenacity YOU WILL BEAT THIS. You have been inspirational to me and I hope I can do the same for you. Keep your head up!

Veronica