Finally received and Answer

Carleen

Hi All,

Well, we finally received Keith's scan results. The CT was taken 10/27/05 but there was never an appointment set to receive the results. After 2 e-mails, 3 calls, and lots of waiting, today we received a response to one of our e-mails. Keith's onc was out of the office apparantly and didn't have a vacation message on his e-mail.

Anyway, the results show that there is a slight increase to the tumors in Keith's liver, but that the tumors in the Pancreas, Lymph Nodes, and lung all appear to be the same. So, again the doctor said he is calling it a stable reading as the percentage of growth overall is minimal.

I'm not sure I know what that all means, as this is the second scan that shows increase in the liver only, but they don't say by how much. But I really like the sound of the word STABLE.

I've been waiting and worrying for so long that this is just a HUGE relief to me. My body and emotions don't know what to do first; laugh, cry,scream, sleep... I just feel like doing them all simultaneously. Is that possible?

Thanks guys for all your prayers and support!

Thank you! I think I will celebrate :D

Alisa, No Keith is not currently taking anything for supplements. He had one really bad experience with a supplement program that had him taking over 40 pills a day which tasted nasty, had him bloated and gassy and feeling cruddy. Since then he stopped and won't take anything. I'd like more info on Milk Thistle though...

Carleen, I'm all for supplements, but I can understand Keith's adversion to all those pills. I take almost as much throughout the day, but at least some of my supplements are in liquid/isotonix form. As for Milk Thistle, it's great for liver support and a general immune booster. I get mine right at Vitamin Shoppe, so it's not too expensive. Do a google search on milk thistle + cancer and you should get a lot of information. If you don't find enough info, PM me and I'll try to dig some up for you.

Fondly,

Alisa

Carleen,

Keith's report sounds wonderful! So glad for you to have good news.

We would like to take this opportunity to comment on how thoughtful, loving and supportive your posts and pms are. Your genuine interest in all of us and your amazing wealth of information are very much appreciated.

Love to both of you from both of us.

Brat

Glad to see your post today, Carleen. I now understand the positive meaning behind the word "stable". It IS good indeed.

I think of you and Keith often. You are such a good looking couple. I can 'feel' the love in your posts. I pray for only good things for you both. Here's hoping and praying for a thousand more 'stable' scans!!!

Kasey

Carleen,

That's really good news. The waiting is the worst part...I wish doctors would really understand that making patients wait so long for such important news is just cruel. It's an issue that really needs to be addressed in terms of quality patient care, I think.

Bst wishes for more good news next month!

Leslie

Carleen,

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for the good report.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. I saiah 55:12

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie