bad news again...please help

Hello everyone!

We were told yesterday that my husband is now stage IV. Two spots in the brain (1cm & 2cm) and six spots in the liver. He also has some enlarged lymph nodes in his abdomen that they think are causing severe back pain. I had the Onc. order some morphine (low dose) last night and it hasn't helped. Husband was up all night in pain. We have to go for a CT of the abdomen to see what else may be going on. Gamma Knife will be done soon on the brain mets. What will happen from here? Husbands mood has lifted because I told him I was leaving over the weekend....now this. I hate this $%&*#@% cancer!!!!!! SCREAM!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

Never Give Up the Fight!!!! We plan to go out fighting kicking and screaming if we have to. I also like to say a prayer under the stars at night. It is very relaxing and empowering to do it this way. I will say one for you tonight.

Many prayers to you and your husband. My husband too has small cell lung cancer that spread to his brain. one large tumor that radiation work very very well on so please do not give up hope. I hope your husband gets relief from his pain.

My thoughts are with you.

Debbie

Husband Alan DX small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

What a bummer. :( I am so sorry for that setback.

I don't know anything about gamma knife, but I know there are those on here who have had it done. I am pretty sure there was positive results.

I am sure you will hear from people who have had it done and they can give you some light on that.

I will send prayers to your husband.

Maryanne

As my students like to say, "This inhales profusely" (they aren't allowed to say "sucks" at school). By all means, get your emotions out--don't keep them bottled up. I almost drove myself crazy doing that. This $#@^(*% cancer ticks us all off. Blow off steam the best way you can.

As for the medical questions, I just don't know. I'll add you to my prayers tonight. I hope for some peace and relief for both of you.

:) Kelly

My wife is Stage IV and has had mutiple bone mets, lymph node involvement and now liver mets. She has lasted three years so far, so take heart. If the morphine is not working, your husband may need a larger dose. My wife is on morphine permanently because of spinal damage from the cancer. I'm wishing you better times ahead. Don

Cheryl,

This certainly does "inhale profusely." Come here to scream whenever your need. Did you receive your set of "anti-screaming ear plugs" yet? 8) I can't remember who gives them out, but they help me tremendously whenever anyone needs to let it all out!

Hang in there. Once they figure out how to bring his pain under control, you and your husband may find out Stage IV isn't as bad as it sounds.

Sending caring thoughts and strength to you both,

Leslie