The End is Near for my Dad

jdjenkins

Just wanted to let you all know that my Dad is not expected to make it very much longer. He took a turn for the worse yesterday and has been going down ever since. He is having trouble breathing and disorientated. Hospice has been here and the Minister. I really can't believe this is happening. Sometimes I feel so incrediably sad and then I feel alright. It is so hard to watch your Dad die, yet in some strange way I feel at peace with it. Last night he was staring into space and my Mom asked him it someone was in the room with them. He answered yes there are a lot of people here. He said he knew some of them. She asked him it he saw his Dad and he said yes, then she asked about her Mom and Dad, he said yes I see Mary and Dominick. He said my Grandpa Dominick was driving a bread truck. My Dad drove a bread truck route for many year. Dominick was coming to get him in the bread truck. They are all there waiting for him. He said he saw people he didn't know there too. I bet Brian and Bill and many others were there waiting for my Dad. Please pray for a gentle passing for him. I hope he can hold on until my sister comes to town tonight.

Denise

Dear Denise,

I am praying hard that Dad makes it until you're Sister arrives and that his passing is painless and serene. I pray also that you are all comforted by the people you're Dad see's who have come to take him home.

God Bless You All,

Jane

Denise,

Prayers for peace

for your dad and all the family.

A Final Prayer

I would that thus, when I shall see

The hour of death draw near to me,

Hope, blossoming within my heart,

May look to heaven as I depart.

(William Cullen Bryant)

Hugs

Jackie

Denise

I know what a difficult time this is for you.

I am so sad this is happening. The comfort is that he is a wonderful Dad and that you are a great daughter. The love is boundless.

I hope that your sister arrives too. Prayers for continued love in his room and peace.

Cindi o'h

I'm very sorry for you Denise. I know how difficult these days can be and will be for you. Please try to make the most of every moment you have with your father. I do believe that both Brian and Bill were there too. Some day, when I get my wits back about me, I'm going to post a really warm and comforting story about something that happened in Bill's last day...but I'm not yet ready to share with anyone quite yet. I will say that any doubts I had about what happens when you die...I no longer have. I will be praying for you and your family.

Many prayers being said for your dad and your family. I believe your sister will get there in time. Our loved ones seem to wait for certain things before they pass. My brother waited for my mom to be with him. My other brother waited for his wife to leave him so she would not have to have her last memory be his death. My mom did the same for me. And my Johnny waited for me to be in the room with him holding his hand.

I know your pain will be bad but you are so lucky to have had your dad share what he sees with you. Thank you for sharing because it gives us all hope.