My little secret and time to say good-bye

stand4hope

First, my little secret, and good news, is that like many of you, I have been receiving regular CT scans for the past 2+ years to check on multiple non-calcified nodules that were found in my lungs in Dec. 2003. I just had my last scan a couple of weeks ago and since there have been no changes, the nodules are deemed benign.

Second, I am saying good-bye. This was my cue to move on:

We have a greiving forum and an obituary forum and that to me should be an end and a start for people in need after the loss of a loved one, before they move on in there life, or before they move on to a Grief Support Group.

This has given me that big push that I probably needed to move on.

I guess Connie's right, this isn't a grieving support group, and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way, and I understand.

To all of you new members, survivors and caregivers that I have not become acquainted, I pray that you will remember my username and always Stand For Hope!!

I came to this website looking for an answer to a medical question and found love, caring, support and friendship. I found all of that and much more. To all of you who have been my friends the past two years, I love you with all my heart. If I don't already have your email and you want to stay in touch by private email, please send me a PM.

All my love to each and every one of you,

Peggy

Ditto Ry as usual. Judgment is final and binding on what Ry said. She is the hall pass monitor. And we want you here. You don't have to visit every day, but check in.

Unrelated--I am glad you are done with the chest CT scans. Wouldn't it be interesting to see the statistics of how many are followed vs. how many get LC? We are living in LC world now, so we think EVERYTHING is cancer. I myself was followed for a lung infiltrate 4 years ago that resolved on its own.

Peggy,

Please stick around. I disagree with those who feel it okay to push people when they're down. No one needs to be pushed to "move on". That step should be one taken with confidence and determination that the safety net is no longer needed. Foolhardy to work without a net, look at the Wallendas.

I'm selfish, and I don't want you to go and take your rays of sunshine with you.

Love you,

Becky

Dear Peggy,

You were the FIRST person here to call me 'friend', and you will never know how much that meant to me. You made me feel that I BELONGED. I so hope you feel thatyou still do. You have so much to offer so many.

Love,

Kasey

PS: Great news on the nodules!!!! Fred is overjoyed :lol: !

Just walked in from work...had a horrible day...and NOW this! Please Peggy you have been such a dear friend and wonderful support to everyone.

PAUSE - Thinking

I guess if it is painful for you to come here then you need to go. But, Hoping that isn't the case.

Praying for you,

Peggy,you have meant and done so much for myself and for so many others here for so long.HALL PASS DENIED.

It is understandable that with all you have been thru that it would be difficult at times to come here.But Gee Whiz,please reconsider.Mabe take breaks as needed or long lapses or whatever is needed for you to be comfortable.

Whatever you decide please know that your presence here has made this disease easier to deal with for me and I'm sure for many many others as well.

Peggy,

Please re-consider and stay with us. Take a little break if need be, but stay. You have contributed so much to many of us. For anyone to even suggest that it is time to move on is absurd. Please let us support you in your time of need as you have supported all of us.

CharlieD

Peggy - so glad your CTs are clear! Yay! And I'm so proud to call you my friend.

I'll pm you an address to keep in touch. I think the board would lose an important member if you leave, but I also believe in your ability to know what's right for you. Just make it your own decision and not somebody else's.

I'd like you to know that you have impressed me very strongly with your ability to reach out and offer support and love to others even in the darkest days of your own struggles. You're a class act, Lady!

Hope you stick around.

((Peggy))

I was headed off to bed and just had to log back on and talk to all of you.

Since Ry's the boss of me and every one of us is needed to keep that stinkin' fat lady away from Frank, I guess I am being forced to stay! :wink:

You know, earlier tonight all I could think about as I read your posts was that I'm not ready to leave. I just can't tell you how much I need you guys. I just need you, and that's all there is to it. My life has been twisted into knots, cut into little pieces, boiled in a pot and strained through a sieve. I just have to hang onto this anchor called LCSC, at least for a little longer.

I lost a huge chunk of my life on August 5, 2005, and I've been sad all day thinking that I (and we grievers) maybe weren't wanted here and I had to lose another chunk before I was ready. If you can handle my sad words and whining from time to time, I would like to stay, at least a while longer.

And to anyone that finds this true: “it’s somewhat depressing to people who come here looking for hope, support and medical information, and reading about someone’s grief”, please know this: I think I speak for many grievers that have stayed on this site when I say that even though our loved one died, there is much, much hope today, tomorrow and on the horizon. We rejoice in your good news, we pray for your good health, and we hope that YOU are one of the ones that will beat this disease BACK to hell from where it came.

Love to all,

Peggy

P.S. Now, every one of you get your butts over to that grieving forum and say hello to Linda, my sister and my best friend (i2standforhope). She sustains me! She is my life support!

Dearest peggy,

I had already written to Linda and then I read this so I have done what you asked. I was so saddened reading you're farewell to all of us. I am still here( not as often) and it has been longer that my Brother has passed but I have also seen so many people here that need our support as we needed theirs. I have taken frequent breaks but have always returned because there is a draw here and it is the wonderful people we have come to love. YOU were the first person I came to love. You have always been there for me and I knew that and was comfoted by it. I do hope you always knew I was also here for you and still am.

If you ever do pick up and really leave here which I really dont see, this is my e mail address..... so write it down now!!

fall54@adelphia.net

I love you Girlfriend and each and every one of us will get through this with the support and friendship of the others.

God Bless you my friend,

Jane

Well Peggy, I'm glad I read this thread all the way through, and saw your second post, because you saved me alot of time and effort now that I don't have to plead with you to stay! This is a lung cancer survivors board, and I truly believe that those of us left behind are also lung cancer survivors! Death and grieving is part and parcel of this whole journey, and no one should feel that they have to move on after they have lost a loved one.

Of course it is depressing for a new member to log on here and see a Grieving Forum - it knocked the wind out of my sails on more than one occasion.....but it is a reality of this disease, and those who don't want to read about it can stick to the other forums.

Providing support to those who have lost loved ones to lung cancer is no less important than providing support and information to those still struggling with the disease.

I'm glad you are staying......and I'm glad those pesky nodules turned out to be nothing to worry about!

Love Karen

Peggy,

I'm so glad you decided to stay. It is also my plan to stay here and support the new members. I pray with new technology and advancements in medicine we live to see a cure for this monster. In the meantime, there is hope and every case is different. After my loss, I am more committed than ever to being here for others. In time I hope to be able to help much more than I am at present.

Just for the record, my heart sunk when you said you were leaving Peggy. We really need you and love you.

Love,

Sue