I am glad I continued to read after your intital post

I started to cry thinking I would not be hearing from

you again. As Alan struggles with this disease

I drew strength from the way you and Don continued to

live and fight at the same time. You inspire me to

help Alan LIVE his life and FIGHT like H-ll. Please

stay

Dear Peggy,

I am so glad you decided to stay! I too thought many times about leaving after my mom passed away. I don't post as much as I used too. But this is the one place that I can find friends that truly understand. Don't let anyone ever bully you. You are wanted and needed here.

My heart goes out to you, because my life forever changed on April 11, 2004. And I know the pain. We have good days and we have bad days. Let us be here for you.

Take care,

Andrea

I too am so glad that you have decided to stay. There have been so many times when I ask myself "what am I still doing here? I really have nothing else to contribute." I feel like I am taking and not really giving. Then I read a post by someone who is just finding themself alone. I feel all of those old aches and understand what they are going through. I know that to anyone who has just lost a loved one knowing that they are not alone is the most important thing.

The first thing I did when I learned that my ex husband had died was to come here to my "family". I know that the people here may not understand all of the details but they know me. They know that I am reaching out for their love and suppost. I always find it no matter what the issue.

I have said it before and will say it again. Once we have been touched by lung cancer in any way we become a group apart. Only those who have been here and done that understand the perminant effect it has on our lives. Not one issue we face does not somehow remind us of our experience. It makes us stronger and it often makes us more understanding. It also makes us seek understanding from only those who know what a blow we have all had to endure.

I post and don't always get answers but I know there are people here who care. When someone is ready to get rid of me they will have to give a big shove because I will be holding on tight with both hands. After all everyone needs a life line.

Peggy,

Whew! I am glad I read this entire thread before I replied. It would really leave a big hole in my heart if you left. You befriended me many times when I was down and it meant the world to me that you cared. I hope I can still be your friend. I don't read the grieving forum much but when I see your posts I do. Gee, I feel so much better knowing that you are going to stay. The ones of us that have lost a loved one are needed here just as much as those of us who are fighting this disease. You are family girl.

Love ya,

Nina

Peggy,

I have just read this post and hadn't realized before how close we came to losing you! I am so glad you decided to stay!

I have not see any time-limit on using the "grieving section," and I would think it a shame if there were one. As we helped each other through the caregiving we can but try, to help each other through the stages of grief. I am sure there will come a time when we will all go on with our lives, but in the meantime it is good to know the forum is here for us.

Paddy

YEAH!!! Peggy!

I am so glad you decided to stay. I do feel a little silly that I didn't read the whole post thread before I PM'd you. :oops: But I did mean everything I said in my PM, for you and for all those who have stuck with us to offer support even during their darkest days of loss.

For all those who have lost their loved ones, and still join us. I want you to know that I think you are invaluable members here.

Just think if everyone who has walked this road and seen it through to the terrible end were to leave us. This site would be full of novices and long term survivors which is very hopeful, but not fully knowledgeable. Who would answer those fear filled questions from those as they enter into the final stages. Who could best answer the questions on hospice and put to rest the fears of saying goodbye than someone who has traveled that road. We still need you, and you still have experiences and knowledge that is so useful.

In addition, there is hope beyond just a hope for a cure. I need hope that my husband is going to get better, but I also get hope from all of you, that if that is not God's plan I can and will get through this. That is the inspiration and hope I get from you. Even though I see the pain and the grief, I still see so much dignity, strength and beauty. I can see others who have lost their soulmates and I get hope that there is still a way to live on.

I hope that others here will understand that you too are Lung Cancer Survivors. You have survived the worst imaginable and are claiming victory over the pain in the honor of those you love.

Ok, Ok, I've gotten a bit long winded and I'll step off my soap box now. But just know that I have grown to love each and every one of you during this journey and I can't bear to lose you. Besides how selfish would I be if I accepted support and love in my hours of need but didn't offer to return it in your darkest hours?

Love and God's Blessing

I am so glad that you decided to stay. This place is great for me, no matter how sad it is. It is reality. There is no sugarcoating this disease, no matter what phase it is in. LCSC has lots of support for everyone, no matter how they have been affected by this beast. I am glad that you realized that you still need LCSC as much as it needs you. I am also very happy that your nodules are benign!

Sincerely, Patty

Peggy, Peggy, Peggy, it would not be the same without you.... so glad our influences made you stay.

We are always here to help you heal. You have helped so many people and unfortunately, there is always more to help.

We are so lucky you changed your mind.

Also a big CONGRATS on the nodules being benign!!

Maryanne :wink: