Joels 3 month scan tomorrow/ updated Tuesday

Maryanne

Well so much for NED.

Apparently, a small nodule showed up on his right lung back in Nov. :shock: Joel never told me because he did not want to spoil my Thanksgiving or Xmas. Then this thing with my heart came so he still kept it quiet but he was agonizing inside. He did not want to put me under any stress. :shock:

So he had his scan on Monday and apparently there was no change, so he is stable. It is so small that they will just watch it. It is 5 mil.

I am mad at him for keeping this from me. He probably still would have not told me until I get my 2nd opinion next Wed. (I am okay so don't worry about me) But since it came back stable he was so happy, so he told me. :roll:

He has an appointment with his Onocologist next Thursday which I am going to.

The CT was done yesterday, and the doctor made it a point to call him today to tell him about it being stable.

So am I happy, no but I am happy it did not spread. So I know that Stable is considered good here.

I just don't like that this is on his good lung. They don't know how they missed this a year ago, unless is so so small it was not detected. His Oncologist took the pictures to their discussion group which they have every Wed. This consists of 2 oncologists, 2 surgeons and 2 pulmanary doctors, and they all came to the conclusion that it is so small and if it is stable on his next CT (yesterdays) that they are not worried about it, but will watch it. :shock:

Do I have reason to be concerned??

Thanks for the prayers.

Maryanne :wink:

Good news about stable, seems there are a few more people here watching nodules Maryanne.

If the docs that you trust are happy about it all maybe you can relax a little (easy for me to say), don't forget he's been just fine for the 3 months that you didn't know.

Yeah for Joel being stable.

Geri

I believe alot of people have nodules - I asked my dr. about that and was told that they are fairly common, not to worry. I hope that helps you. As for him witholding this info, I can understand why he did that. He doesn't want you to worry - he feels enough is enough. I can understand that feeling. Please try not to be mad about that - it's no good for you. Love is good and sometimes we'll do anything to protect those we love. ((())) to you both.

Joanie

What a guy. I would have blabbed it immediately to my wife and whoever else wanted to listen. Anyway, Maryaanne, I am sure there is nothing to worry about if it has gone unchanged this long. You just get to join the nodule watch group now is all. I am glad the scan came out ok.

Don M

Hey Mar,

Ned is still with him until it can be proved otherwise. I can't tell you how many "scares" I have had for things that were supposed to be there...

Concern is a good thing. That means that Joel will be going in for his 3 month check-ups which is a prudent thing to do. Worry is unacceptable. You have nothing to worry about until they tell you to start, okay?

I would say he is quite a guy. I am like DonM, I woulda blabbed too.

How 'bout another trip to Fla? Is it beachtime there? I think it is!!

love,

Cindi o'h

Maryanne,

I agree that stable is good (though I have to admit that NED is even better). But it's small and the doctors are keeping close watch on it. That's important! As for Joel not sharing the info. with you, that sounds like love and concern for you. He does sound like a "gem" as do you.

Keeping Joel (and you) in my prayers.

gail p-m

MaryAnne,

Ken had several small nodules in both lungs when we first found out that it was back in the liver. The doctor did not even mention them. I didn't find out till we got the report. When I asked the dr. about them he said he was not at all concerned about them. They stayed stable the whole time while the liver tumors exploded. I got to the point where I didn't even think of them anymore. I am sure they will keep an eye on it, try not to worry too much. Hopefully, it will not change, or even better, it will just go away.

Karen H

Well darnitall, Maryanne. I really don't like that much either. Joel is supposed to sail through these scans free and clear!!!!! Good that it didn't grow...............BAD that it is there at all. Just curious...............if this is SO small (as is Fred's)why are you seeing the onc? Were you scheduled to see him already, or is this due to the nodule?

BTW..............what's happening with your own heart thing? Waiting to hear about that.

Love,

Kasey

Hey Maryanne:

Stable is awesome news!! :D As for you being upset about not being told, I would be too. Actually this happened to me with my Mother's second reoccurance, they thought it was better they lie to me about it. I was very adamant that I was not a child and deserved the truth, so I can see where you're coming from. Don't dwell on though, I did for abit and it just made me an angry person for awhile.

Enjoy stable, I would love to hear those words, shrinkage would be even better though :D .

Take care you,

love and prayers,

Deb

Maryanne,

Glad to hear that Joel is stable. Try to dwell on the positive news. I do understand you being upset with Joel. Explain to him that it makes you feel insecure because you never know when he is keeping things from you. Try to get him to promise to try to understand and promise to be up front with you in the future. God Bless you both.

Love,

Sue