CT test and results today

marym

I had my CT to check progress on Alimta. Unfortunately there has been progression - so we are off that. I also started taxotere today. Hope this helps a bit.

In addition, I am scheduled for a simulation, followed by 10 day radiation for my bone pain -- I so hope this helps. And I am also scheduled for radio surgery for my 2 brain mets.

I spent all day at the hospital.

Anyone have +/- on taxotere, let me know. I am having weekly infusions 3 weeks on 1 week off, which should mean little if any side effects (or so they tell me).

Mary

One of Lucie's first chemos was Taxotere, and she did very well on it. She is now on Taxol and two other chemos (Taxol is a relative of Taxotere), and seems to be doing well on that. She also has had radiation for bone pain and it has worked well for her. Best to you. Don

Mary,

I have no words of advice, but wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying. I pray that God grants you peace in this cancer, and that you are given the right mix in order to zap it up! God bless and best of luck!

Jen

Hi Mary,

So sorry the Alimta didn't work for you. I took weekly Taxotere for a couple of months while I was doing radiation and after I reacted to Taxol. No side effects to speak of -- it was a breeze compared to Taxol which gave me horrible peripheral neuropathy. When I finished radiation, I went to large dose (every 3 weeks) Taxotere and that was much rougher (diarrhea, hair loss, acid reflux, etc.). However, Taxotere really beat back the beast for me and I'm now taking Tarceva (pill) daily.

Praying that Taxotere does the trick for you. Hang in there and stay strong.

Trish

Hi again Mary,

I neglected to add in my earlier post that my blood counts really took a hit on Tarceva. I had to have shots of Neulasta the last 3 treatments to boost my white cell count. Also, the fatigue after treatment was unreal. Funny, its like giving birth -- you forget how uncomfortable it was very quickly and eventually only remember the good.

But, I got through treatment, and despite the major discomfort at the time, Taxotere is my friend! Hope it works as well for you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Trish

Sorry about having to start a new regimen --- darn cancer! Tony did Taxotere/gemzar day 1 and Gemzar day 7 of 21 day cycle and it gave stunning results. Really beat the crap out of too many tumors to count in his lungs. No side effects initially except hair loss (what little that had started to regrow after his taxol/carbo cycles). Finger and toenail changes occured. Extreme fatigue set in later. Blood counts dropped, but that could have been from the Gemzar. The situation that did develop was fluid retention and extreme pleural effusion that we are still dealing with four-plus weeks off chemo. He did go 12 cycles though and I guess the fluid is a known issue the longer you are on the taxotere.

Good luck and I hope that the taxotere beats the crap out of your tumors too! :D

Welthy