Big Dummy

eppie

The good news is that I am still alive.

The bad news is that I fell off a ladder cleanng the gutters. I fell on my hands and knees---cracked my left patella. I was really dumb cleaning gutters when there was no one home but me.

I am fine now and will be at the computer a bit more since I have to keep things immobilized.

Much love,

Dumb Eppie

The patella is the knee cap.

Yeah, Kaffie, my mom said the same thing but I already asked my man and it kept getting put off. I wanted it done and just got jiggy with it. Now I am paying for it. Next time I am calling someone in.....hubs is nice guy but he doesn't like ladders and was procrastinating.

Big hugs, Frank! (If I had landed on my big ol'butt there is enough cushion to prevent injury froma 20 foot drop. ---8 foot drop to the knee....well, I think I got off lucky....very lucky)

My mom wants me to come home to Texas so she can spank me for being a bad girl. Might be laid up real bad after that....I haven;t had a butt beatin in a long while---since I have been a good daughter.

Aw accidents do happpen.

Much love,

Eppie

Now see, Eppie, ya shoulda been in TX at the bash and you wouldn't have been up on that da&% ladder to fall off! All kidding aside........so glad it wasn't any worse. Sounds bad enough with a broken patella. How long does it take for something like to heal?

Love,

Kasey

I have a tube with a hook that attaches to my water faucets for doing gutters. I am afraid of open heights like ladders. Reaches up to 15 feet up. Glad you are OK Eppie.

Eppie, Eppie, Eppie, what are we going to do with you???? I finally hired someone to clean my gutters a few weeks ago because I KNEW that I'd fall off the ladder if I tried it myself. So I guess that $125.00 was worth it! Hope you aren't in too much pain and are on the mend.

Welthy

Eppie....so sorry that I am just now reading this post. OUCH!!! What a nasty fall that must have been. I have a friend that broke her kneecap a few years ago and she was in so much pain. I hope you have a handle on the pain and are keeping your leg elevated. If I remember, elevating the leg seemed to help her pain a lot. At least we do get to hear from you more now!!! Take care and bring on the jokes!!!