Update on Jeffrey

I have been away a long, long, time. The last time I was here Jeff had been arrested for road rage caused in part of his reaction to decadron. In the mean time my dad in Dallas began suffering from congestive heart failure. I flew out there to make sure that he ws comfortable in the nursing home. It was just a matter of time for him. No sooner had I returned then Jeffrey started suffering seizures! His whole right side almost collapsed.Then my Dad died while Jeff was in the hospital. While I was gone Jeffrey regained most of the control on his right side, had an MRI and the doc said he needed brain surgery ASAP. Right after I got back Jeff suffered another seizure. All of the problems were being brought on by edema and growths in his brain that were caused by so many Gamma Knife treatments (18). On November 14th He had his brain vacuumed out (literally), biopsied (negative) and now he is back at work and his old self. For now he is still NED so inspite of everything, I am greatful. So much has happened to everyone while I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I hope you all can forgive me..sometimes we get so caught up in our own drama we forget others.

Trish

Trish

I have wondered and wondered about you guys, Trish. So Jeffrey is now A-ok and his old self???? How wonderful! I am so sorry about your Dad and all that poor Jeffrey has been through. I would be interested in even more detail whenever you have the time! I am so glad that you checked in!

Kasey

Hi Trish,

Wow, you certainly have been carrying around a heavy load on the strong shoulders of yours.

My deepest condolences on the passing of you beloved father. I know how hard it is to lose a dad. Hurts so bad. :cry:

But finally, great news about Jeffrey. I am so excited for you guys.

You said this came from all the cyber knife treaments. Do you still recommend them? I know you were a big advocate of it. Do you think that was the problem all along?

So glad to see you posting again, and that the news about Jeffrey is so positive. Yessssssss!! :mrgreen:

I like your new avitar picture. Nice!!

Welcome back.

Maryanne :wink:

Good to see you post again, Trish.

As with all others here, condolences on the passing of your father. And with all that was going on with Jeffrey your heart must have been pulled apart over the miles. You are a survivor too aren't you?

Glad that Jeffrey is feeling better. He looks the picture of health again in your new avatar.

Stop in more often with more updates!

Cindi o'h