We said goodbye

rmm17

I got home to Cleveland on Monday and was able to spend a lot of time with my Mom. Her condition quickly declined from Monday to Thursday. Thursday morning she went to the hospice care center b/c we could control her pain at home anymore. When my brothers and I came into the room she reached for our hands. We told her that we loved her and that we would take care of each other. Within 10 minutes she was gone. It is so hard right now...my heart is just aching. I miss her so much and i am afraid of forgetting things like the sound of her voice. I cant imagine not having her around anymore...and i am so worried about my little brothers. Thank you all for all your support in this past year. I am sorry that we couldnt be one of the success stories.

Rochelle

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sad for you and your family. This will be a tough Christmas for you, but I know your Mom would have wanted you to celebrate Christ's birth and come together with the family to honor her life. Please know I am praying for you and your family. Her voice will never go away nor will the memories you shared.

Rochelle,

I am so very sorry. I just hurt for you. Not sure that you need to be sorry that you did not have a "success story"; your Mom's disease was not successfully treated, but you were a loving daughter, and your Mom left you knowing that she was loved and cared for. That is success, too.

Please hold your brothers close, and please stay in touch. We are all with you and your brothers.

Mary Colleen

Rochelle,

I'm so sorry. It reminds us that small cell, discovered at any stage is a hideous and deadly disease. She was so young, I'm glad you were there for her and I'm sure she left comforted that the three of you will support each other.

Take time to grieve Rochelle, even if it means you take next semester off. School can wait, your family needs you now as you need them. Again, I'm so very sorry.

(((Rochelle),

I am a complete loss for words. I am stunned to read this post. Please know that prayers for you and your brothers will be said. I am just so very sorry. You know all of us here just HATE this disease.......and here is the reason. It takes our loved ones far too soon. Hopefully there are family members to help you through this trying time. Remember that all of us are here for you too.

Kasey

Everything I type seems stupid--I'm just so sorry to hear this. I wish you could have had more time with your mom--all those years you have been cheated out of.

Be sure to lean on those brothers--and us when you need to. You are such a strong person, and truly strong people know when to rely on others.

Lots of prayers going out to you.

:) Kelly

Thoughts Prayers and condolences. The one thing you should know is you and Family have been asuccess story for at least 15 months. Love Joy and Peace.

Oh no Rochelle, I too am sorry this didn't turn out a different way.

You won't forget her voice. I went to therapy today, and my therapist said you memory is more solid than you think. He told me some studies where children of imagrants would sing lulabys to their children and then think of the native language of their mother. That's because they are remembering being sung to...

In otherwords, you memory is more airtight than you think especially when triggered by certain other senses.

My prayers are with you and your brothers. And again, I am so sorry.