My heart is breaking

-Cheryl-

Dear Friends,

Please pray for my 2 yr. old paint Horse. He was walking odd FRi. night and we called out a vet. He drew blood to test for the West Nile virus. There is no cure for this virus, all we can do is wait an watch. Yesterday morning, he went down and has been unable to get back up. His lips are all bloody where he keeps hitting the ground in attempts to get up. I can't stand to watch him suffer. Yet, 60% pull out of it. Please pray for my dear friend who gets me up and out of the bed every morning. We have had many long talks together and he is such a good listener.

I remember when I went to a farm to pick him out. I named him Appache because his Dad is named Cherokee and he looks like an Indian blanket. Appache is the first horse I have ever owned. He is as gentle as a lamb. I invite children that I counsel over to feed him carrots and pet on him. He really cheers them and me up. My heart is breaking for him. Your prayers have pulled me through the darkest hours, please pray for him too. There is power in numbers! Thank you.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

My youngest daughter has a two and a half year old paint (Diablo). What wonderful animals. Today, Diablo spooked while Jess was riding him and she got thrown off. She wasn't badly hurt, just a few scrapes and a broken nail. Now though she is not feeling well, I'm hoping it is not related to her fall, as there are a lot of flu bugs going around, and hoping that is all it is. I will be watching her carefully over the next 24 hours though.

I'll be praying for a recovery for your horse.

Faylene

Cheryl----

So sorry to hear about Appache----am hoping he will get better soon-and is feeling better today -----please post and let us know how he is doing

Dear Friends,

Apache was so ill that Jack called the Vet out this morning to put him down. Jack did not want me to go out there to be with him because he would try to get up when he saw me. There was so much blood everywhere from him hurting himself in his attempts to get up. His brother called out to him in distress. He went peacefully. I just have this big hole in my heart. No matter how bad I felt, I would go out to visit with him. He always made me feel better. I hurt for him as if I lost a family member.

Cheryl

Cheryl and Jack, I am so sorry for you loss of your horse. As a child, I'd always wanted a horse. Every star I'd wish on, every time I'd blow out my birthday candles, on every Christmas list to Santa, all I wanted was a horse. Apache sounded very special, and like an important member of the family. I am so sorry for his death. You are in my prayers, Deb

Thank you everyone for your prayes and support. Karen I am very sorry about your Terrier. Wow, 14 years is such a long time to be fortunate enough to have a dog. I have 4 dogs and they are all getting up in age. Fay thanks for the pictures! They really cheered me up.

Poor Jack, he is having nightmares and not sleeping over Apache. He feels "traumatized" over the loss. We should get the results back today on the type of virus he had.

Jack did not want anymore horses, and wanted to sell the stallion we have- Apache's brother. The poor stallion has been calling out for the last 2 days for his pasture mate. Jack finally buckled and said that he wanted to get a mare for me and a mate for the stallion.

Deb, I know what you mean about always wanting a horse as a kid. I did not get one untill 42 years of age! Everyone thinks I am crazy, too old! But it has become such a passion of mine. I love just watching them, of course riding is fun too. I have dreams about riding bareback, the wind in my hair (I have none right now! Ha!), and flying over canyons. I know it sounds silly, but this imagery really relaxes me. Thanks to you all again.

Cheryl

Dear Cheryl , again so very sorry ---it is such a nightmare to lose a pet

I know some people will say it is only an animal, but for animal lovers, they are truly part of your family and it breaks your heart when you lose one---

sorry for Jack and his nightmares, but it may be that there is nothing that could have been done---other than what you did---

hope you are healing ok and so sorry you had to go through this

Eileen

Cheryl, I am so soory about Apache. I have a pug-Roxie that I can't imagine losing her. Animals are so accepting and they read our moods. She gets in my lap and just lays there when I am quiet. I know she would rather be running around playing but I know she feels what I going thru. I am sure it is the same with your horse. Prayers said to help Apache. Love Cindy

PS when our hair grows in I want to ride with you and let the wind blow MY hair too. :lol:

Cheryl,

I am keeping you and Jack in my prayers. It is so hard to lose a pet because they give so much to us and count on us so much as well. No pet owner can deny the bond that grows between us and our animal friends. I have a Black Lab/Weimeraner mix who will be 14 in a week and he seems to have been on his last leg since the "heat wave" in July. I just have this feeling that our time is limited and we may have to make the decision to put him down. I have never had to do that with a pet and I feel like I will need to be there with him, but I am so scared to do it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I feel for you in a big way. It is hard to lose a friend...any kind of friend.

Peace be with you knowing that he is not in pain anymore.

Karen