3 For Dinner

EastCoastLadi

Grief hits me in the oddest of situations, in the supermarket, I don't need to buy for 4, when the weatherman says rain is coming (Carltons' favorite kind of weather), buying a lottery ticket, watching my favorite soap opera.

Grief, cuts into my soul, my heart drops, I am so very tired. I am at a total disbelief that Carlton is gone. I wonder how much more sadness and grief can I take.

I can have my moments of just doing everyday things, washing dishes, waking up the girls for school and then something or even nothing triggers my saddness.

I have this wonderful picture of Carlton and I, I can't even look at it, it breaks my heart, I see his eyes and he is looking at me, my soul is broken.

I'm in total disbelief

I miss Carlton

Tonite I made meatloaf for me and the girls...

Grace

Dearest Grace,

I am so sorry... this is all so new for you. I am praying for your strength. May God continue to watch over you and those beautiful little girls. Surely, Carlton is always close by keeping a special watch on you all also. Love, Sharon

(((((((((((((((((((((Grace and the girls))))))))))))) Hope teh sun comes outtomorrow ands you feel a little better. Went to feed teh birds today and Darn if Deb didn't send 4 field mice to take over and eat half the birdseed in the bucket. Well cleaned the garage too. Take care and tomorrow will bea little brighter for a while I hope!!

(((((((((((((Grace))))))))))))))

The words of your post brought tears to my eyes, as I could have been the one saying those words after losing Dennis. I so very well know how you are feeling right now and my heart breaks for you. Please know that I'm here and that I understand. Let me know if you want to talk, or just need a hug!!!

I wish there were some magic that people could buy to make their hearts stop hurting. I guess that would take away all the memories too. I think in time, the memories are what will keep you going. Please know that I am praying that God will ease your pain. Take time with your girls. Sometimes children say things that make us laugh instead of cry. God Bless you and please continue to post.

Love, Bobby

Dear Grace,

in the supermarket, I don't need to buy for 4,

One of my first shocks of the reality for me was my first trip to the grocery store. I couldn't stay there very long the first time - all the foods I used to buy just for Don jumped out at me and slapped me in the face. The next thing was every restaurant where we used to eat - every time I drove past one, I'd break down.

The things you mention aren't odd. They just show how much we miss the little things. As hard as the firsts are (birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc.), I think the little things are the hardest. They just jump out at you at every turn. I've told some friends that I always enjoyed going out for dinner with Don, but it was amazing how such insignificant things (at the time) are the most significant later.

We just miss them - period!

Love and hugs, Grace!

Peggy