3 Days

Mitchell, Just read your update about Moms adventure with you. I want to trade up. My Dog Daisy is terminal with cancer, Wednesday. My car was totalled on Easter by an unlicensed middle age woman, and Just got confirmation of totalling today. Want to trade your Pepsi and Chocolate Bunnies for my Six pack of Budweiser!?!?!? :lol: thought I would ask. Hang in there you are doing great man. Don't cave in now you are beating the addiction like a mad man. YOU ROCK DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it Up Mitchell! You can do it. I am another one of those "If I can do it, anyone can" types. I had a love affair with smoking and had thought about quitting prior to hubby's diagnosis but couldn't seem to kick it. It has been 7 months now and I do not even think about it, or rarely anyway and it is a fleeing thought at best. I feel soooooo much better. It is amazing how after many years of smoking, suddenly it hits you that you can not breathe so well anymore and it really takes its toll. I am proud of you!

Let me know if I can be of any help in your endeavors.

Peace...Flowergirlie

"Kasey"]when I was at the stage you are, I would have made cleat tracks on ANYONE'S face to get to a cigarette

Kasey

ROFL Kasey, that's EXACTLY how I felt last night. You pulled the words right out of my mouth!

You guys are so incredible. I'm still here, I'm still smoke free, and just as committed to remaining that way.

Many of you know that I've been involved in the ministry for a long time, and my smoking has been kept top secret from all facets of my involvement with the church. Smoking is seriously frowned on in my denomination. I don't want to get too deep into how it has affected me through the years or my absolute terror at the thought of being discovered, but just know it was always a big problem for me in that aspect (and that I now understand more than ever why my church takes the stance they do on smoking).

One of the things I'm involved with is a discussion forum, just like this one, for Pentecostal youth. We have thousands of members and it has proven to be quite popular over the years. I'm the admin, and I have my mods who take care of things. Today, in our mod lounge, I came clean of my secret (only my co-admin knew). They were quite surprised but VERY supportive. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about their reaction, but the grace and support they showed to me, just confirmed that I've chosen the absolute BEST young people to moderate over that forum. I'm very proud of them. So I have great support all around. I'm beyond blessed, my words could never adequately describe how thankful I am for that.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. I confronted my Aunt, and she apologized. I know she's very proud of me, and I have her support. She just has her own way of putting things. I often tell her the content of her messages are good; she just needs to work on the delivery.

Oh Mitchell I'm so glad to hear you "came clean" to those around you that you were most freightened to!! What a tremendous load that must relieve you of!! Super!

I can sometimes use some work on the delievery of my off-hand comments...maybe your aunt and I should look into it? :wink: I'm glad you've talked with her and gotten that all straightened out.

Keep on keeping on...we're all so proud of you!

Hey Mitch... I'm finally on this site, hopefully will be a lot more. So great to hear you've decided to quit smoking. Congrats!!! How you smoke since your last post? You can do it!!! I have the same problem too, had been a smoker for many years now & wanted to quit so bad especially after my moms dx last year. I no longer buy my packs, no longer take smoke breaks during work, I guess I consider myself a social smoker now but is not good enough for me, I want to quit all the way & Hope I can do it. Hope your mom is well.

Jen, I'm SO glad you're on here. I haven't smoked a cigarette in two weeks now and I feel great about it. I know you can do it, too. There's an awesome support network here. I love these guys and I know you will, too.

To everyone else, thank ya'all so much (southern talk - said with an extra draw to let you know just how appreciative I am.) :lol:

So the level of appreciation = the length of the y'all? LOL :wink:

I'm so glad to hear you're back "up" and enjoying being smoke-free! It makes me swell with pride (as opposed to swelling from too much soda!) to see you doing so well!

xoxo

~Missy~

One more update. Last night, I came clean with one of my best friends from church. He also happens to be our music director, so I was very, very nervous about it, but it went well. He was shocked, but very understanding and very encouraging. It felt so good to just be honest about it. I plan on sitting down with my youth pastor this weekend and talking to him about it.

Mitchell,

I have read this entire post and I am very very proud

of you. What you are doing is not easy in any way

shape or form. My mom quit after 40 some years of

smoking and has been smoke free for 4 years (says she

would still kill for one) but has stayed smoke free.

I have never smoked so I will not sit here and tell

you I know what you are going through, because I don't

I do know that I have a husband with lung cancer who

struggles with the smoking everyday. That's how powerful this addiction is.

Please keep posting and letting us cheer you on.