"Half-n-Half" results!

Nova

Harry's scan results were a little good and a little bit bad .

The good was that the major tumor has shrunk some! Also, the lymph nodes that have been involved since he was diagnosed, are not "glowing" like they were. Yayyy!

The sort of rotten news, is that there are new, different nodes lighting up, and they found a spot on his colon, which they aren't sure about. (The doctor mentioned that it may not be cancerous--it might just be a polyp that developed from the abscess (sp?) that he had when he was hospitalized last time). They'll keep an eye on it, and do a CT scan in 3 weeks.

They reminded us of the new little tumors at the bottom of the lung, and the new mass at the top. (Like we had forgotten about those....?!) :(

Anyway, I guess I would say it was a mixed report--sort of "stable", in that some things got better, but some new things showed up, so I guess it weighs out as "stable"...?

He'll be getting another dose of Taxol this Monday, and then a new cat scan.

Oh, and the MRI has shown that his head is still as empty as a rock! :) I told him that I've been saying all these years we've been married, that absolutely NOTHING can penetrate that thick skull of his, and I guess I'm right! LOL! (Thank the Lord!)

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Hope you're all having a VERY good day.

Love,

Nova

Thank you Nova, for the update. I wished it would all be gone but some shrinkage is wonderful. I will continue to pray that the spot on his colon is just a spot. Will he be getting a colonoscopy to determine what that is? or will they just do the CT?

Anyway, how is Harry feeling? Does he seem stronger? How are you doing?

God bless you both.

Thanks Laurie!

Harry was very happy! He hears all of the good things the doctor says, and totally ignores the bad, which is good! LOL!

I guess they're going to watch the colon spot with scans. Since the Pet Scan was done before he started the Taxol, we don't know how well the chemo is working. I'm curious to see the new scan , in a few weeks.

At least Taxol doesn't make him as sick as the Cisplatin and Carboplatin did.

Thank you for the prayers. I appreciate you SO much.

Blessings to you and Bill.

Nova and Harry,

Hey -- mixed bag is better than no bag at all! I'm glad for the shrinkage in areas and have high hopes that the Taxol will knock the rest of it down soon. We've had to get used to somewhat stable scans lately and I've begun to embrace them as being okay. Hang tough and keep fighting. I hope Harry is feeling better and happy to hear that the Taxol is easier on his system.

Prayers for more good news in the upcoming scan and for no rain! :wink:

God bless,

Welthy

Nova,

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear that you had some good news. It seems to me that the good outweighs the bad news. I like that Harry just focuses on the good. It helps so much to have a positive attitude. I will be praying the the chemo will knock the rest of problem spots down too.

Take Care,

Rachel

I'm so happy for the positive side of the report. And I'm bringing in the reinforcements to rally against those pesky 'other' spots. I am your biggest cheerleader and am feeling optomistic for that next scan. Hope you both can enjoy SOME with the overall 'stable' report.

KAsey

Hi Nova and Harry..so glad to hear of some shrinkage! My sister Beverly just found out her cancer is back and it is in her lymph nodes in her neck area??? Is this where Harry's was at first? It is great that it is no longer showing up. She is on Topotecan now and is doing pretty good on it.

Thanks for the update and keep up the positive attitude.

Love,

Bobby

Hi Nova:

Well, the new stuff is troubling I suppose, but it is very good to have the main tumor under control. I can attest to the fact that when they get real big, the coughing and sob is a real bother. I hope Harry's next scan is even better.

Don M

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy about the results!

Bobby, I'm sorry about your sister. Did they mention radiating her neck? (I'm "guessing" they can do that...?) Radiation helped shrink Harry's tumor so much. The lymph nodes that he has that are affected, are all near his lung.

Andrea, I love the pictures of the babies!!! (and their beautiful mommy and G-ma too!)

Thank you all,

Nova

Glad to hear some good news!! I've been waiting with baited breathe. I so glad that Harry is feeling better this go around. Praise God for small victories. I get my scan results on Tuesday and I'm trying to stay busy. Remember I'm just a phone call away. Love to you, Nova and Harry. Liz

Nova--

Glad to hear that the MRI turned up clean. The mixed bag is a little tough, isn't it? We also just got mixed results--and I guess I'm taking Harry's approach...let's just focus on the good and be grateful that there is some "good" to focus on...

Ok, I just need to say that to myself 100 times.

Hope you are staying strong.

Best,

Leslie

Thank you all for writing.

I think that if "attitude" can beat cancer, then Harry has a very good shot of "whooping" it!

The words "bad news" aren't in his vocabulary.

He talks about when he'll be able to go back to work, how he wants to go on vacation to Illinois to go hunting with my brother, (we do that every year, or we used to anyway)- the upcoming football season, etc.

Maybe it's denial, or maybe it's just very positive thinking!? Whatever it is, it helps him cope, so "so be it"!

I'm the hand-wringer, stay awake all night worrying, can't eat, jittery one of the family! :shock:

Thanks for writing. You're all in my prayers every day.

Nova