Getting to Know You - September 10

Ann

No, only on Sunday's. Found I was just throwing away the daily one. And I start at the front page and work my way through the sections I read.

Earl on the other hand read the paper cover to cover every day. When we got back from vacation, he would start with the oldest and read them all.

When he got sick and couldn't concentrate, I saved the papers for him, just in case. 15 days in a shopping bag with the dates on the outside. Never got to read them - sad.

I read the local morning paper daily with breakfast because I'm not awake enough to do anything else. Later in the day I read, online, the Mpls. paper and the Washington Post. After dinner I read the NY Times when Con brings it home - most days during the school year. Always read the front section first; never read the sports section.

Muriel

When I'm "permanently" residing in one place I read the paper every day, starting with the first section and work my way through.

Now that I'm in transit, so to speak, I get one whenever I go to the store.

Really miss reading with my breakfast, can't wait to get the paper delivered every day again.

Geri

For a while I read it everyday but slowly started getting behind. The bad news made me either angry or upset so I started skipping that and going just to stories of local interest. We have a lot of those around here that are not about death or taxes but history of the area and human interest.

After I moved here I had to cut back on my spending because I retired. The newspaper had to go because by then I wanted to live my life to the fullest and take part in all activities that were available living in town. That meant not spending my time on the newspaper. I do watch the local news but tend to shy away from national news unless there is a huricane to keep up with.

I "skim" the newspaper every day and pick out the articles I am interested in to read. During the week, I read the local section first. On Sunday, I start with the sale inserts and the coupons....LOL.

Don't have time to read the paper daily, I am one of those 'sleep till the last possible moment' people and start my day running.

I did order the Sunday only paper 4 weeks ago but so far have not taken it out of the plastic sleeve. I bring it in on Sunday and it sits on my counter until around Thursday when I accept the fact I'm never going to read it and toss it out.