Finally decided to intorduce ourselves,

JB

Hello everyone. Although this is your first introduction to me, I've had the pleasure of lurking on here since shortly after my wife's DX. I spent the first 6 months post Dx roaming around in a fog, unable to think and even less to say, and questions that no one will ever have the answer too. I will say that once I did find this site, it was very helpful, and found there were many valuable points of view on here. Based on where we are right now, I figured I would sign in and share our journey as well as offer comfort and my point of view.

You are all correct, that this is a site no one wants to be on, but you're so very happy you've found it. It's difficult to relate to others sometime, and when you're 31 your friends are having more children and just generally busy with the ins and outs of everyday life. Many have no comprehension what we feel on a daily basis.

Our most recent stable scan came on the heels of a lovely day and a half spent in downtown Philadelphia. A bit of an early Anniversary present. We were married 7 yrs as of Sept. 16th. We stayed at an expensive hotel, had dinner at The Old Original Bookbinders, and even took a carriage ride through old city. Three things you could have never convinced me to do prior to Col's DX. Add that one to your how cancer has affected me positively post.

While Colleen still struggles with headaches, they are daily, but at least not from brain mets anymore, she gets around fairly well. Not well enough to work, but well enough to enjoy herself, and spend time with our son Jack. It's our "new normal", something only the people here understand.

Jack will be 3 on Oct. 26th. Born in 2004, we brought him home from the hospital on my 29th b-day Oct. 29th. Yep, up until Oct. 2006, October was a GREAT Month. Determined to put a positivie spin on it, we have one more thing to celebrate this year in October. Col will be one year out from DX. We're throwing a party, and we don't care what you celebrate, just as long as you celebrate.

Once I get home from work today, I will try to update my profile a bit, and add some pictures, and adjust my profile some more. I just wanted to get in here and intorduce myself. I promise to be an active member of this support group, even though I at times find it difficult to add my 2 cents to others situations. I promise to be supportive, but above all else, I promise to try to bring some more good humor to thise board. If it wasn't for our sense of humor Colleen and I would have had an even more difficult time dealing with this.

One final PS. Sharonjo, part of what made me feel at home here is you. You don't know me, but i spend 1 week every December in the abandon coal mines of PA

carrying a gun with your brother Tommy, and pretending like we are actually hunters. You and he have both been in our prayers, and continue to be, as is everyone else on here.

Oh one final thing. Cancer sucks!

Welcome JB and Colleen,

I am so glad you have come out from lurkdom to allow us the opportunity to support you both. Yours is a tragic story ~ like so many here. Since you've been around for many months now, I'm sure you have become sadly aware of the many young folks dealing with this dreaded disease. My own niece, TracyD, who posts here occasionally, is one of them........though not quite 31, she is a young mother of 3.

You've caught my eye because I am originally from Montgomery County. I moved to Lancaster, PA many years ago, but do get to visit on occasion. I lived in Plymouth Meeting and had relatives in Norristown and the King of Prussia areas. I wonder where you two call home.

I am heartbroken to be welcoming such a young couple to this site, but hope that by joining you can receive information and support. This site is just full of both, along with more compassion and caring than you could ever imagine.

Kasey

Hi, nice to meet you. I was diagnosed officially on October 14th, although in hospital on Oct 13 with a pretty good idea of what was going on. Kind of strange since I'm 31 also. Glad to hear of your wife's recent stable scans - hopefully many more to come. Have a great party - my sister's getting married 10/20, so I'll save our celebrating until then!

Kasey, Upper Pottsgrove is where we call home. We spent a year and a half in Bridgeport PA right after we got married.

Raney. Amazing, I was typing a reply to Kasey when I saw your reply. Your Story and timeline is remarkably similar to Col's. Ages, DX, never smoked, not that that means anything, but just amazingly similar. Want to hear another crazy twist. Her sister just got married in August. My parents watched Jack and we PARTIED LIKE ROCKSTARS.

I hope you can do the same!!!!!!!

Welcome JB and Coleen,

I second that emotion...cancer sucks! I totally understand where you are coming from. Being diagnosed at such a young age is hard. All the women I see at my local support group have at least 30-40 years on me and while they are a God send they don't quite understand how it is trying to raise a family and deal with all this at the same time. Sometimes it's just too much to take. Come here with any questions and most of all come here to vent when you need to. I'm also on Tarceva and hope I can be on it a very long time....I'm wishing the same for your wife!

Take Care,

Rachel

Hello, JB, and Welcome.

I read your post with such sadness, yet with a lot of hope as well. Everyone here hates this *&%# disease as you do. We all have a common denominator with one another, so please feel free to lean upon us as needed. I know first hand how helpful the wonderful people on this forum can be. So ask questions, vent, cry, complain, or try to laugh. We'll be here for you. Ellie

Welcome JB and Colleen,

While I am so saddened that you ever needed to find us, I am thrilled that you have decided to join, so we can all support you through this journey...it is a scary one, filled with many "new normals" along the way. May you know God's peace, and the miracle of healing.

Jen