Hi All

lpenn1116

Hi

My name is Louise Pennington, I was diagnoised with Small Cell Lung Cancer in January 2007. Since I found this sight last week and I have already posted a question ("Any survivors out there with SCLC"} I realized that I had not properly introduced myself.

I must say how impressed I was with the truly inspirational responses I received and the words of encouragement are overwhelming. Thank You All! :P

I am finding this sight truly informative and find myself looking forward to coming here each day.

Welcome Louise-

If you haven't read it already, I recommend you go to the SCLC forum and read the Sticky post near the top titled something like "how I beat small cell lung cancer". You will get a lot of useful information. I am glad you found us.

Rochelle

• 2 weeks later...

My Mom Louise Pennington - who started this chat recently) found the lungevity community on November 11th after a business colleague told me about it. Soon after, Mom was talking with several people and really feeling hopeful. Thank you to everyone.

We lost Mom last Saturday while cruising on the biggest cruise ship in the world. It was a trip she planned for the family and we think she lived long enough to make it. We had Thanksgiving and a great time. She died doing the things she love with the people she loved most. The last two days of the cruise, Mom's breathing became very difficult and then her heart failed.

We've created a lungevity web page for her and we are already getting donations from our friends, colleagues and family. We hope to support more research in lung cancer.

Thank you again for helping my Mom remain hopeful. Mom is survived by her two daughters, her son, six brothers and sisters and five grandchildren.

Jillian

(jgsmiles@yahoo.com)