Introducing MAGGI

Connie B

Here is Maggi's Message: I have reposted it, because she had added it to someone elses post and I didn't want it to be over looked. This is Maggi's first time posting. Please welcome Maggi and her husband to LCSC. Thank you!

maggi

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 am Post subject:

hello...my husband Ben has NSCLC (dx 8/06)treated with chemo/radiation..however,despite a clean PET in July, he's now showing evidence of possible mets and recurrence on the most recent scan. he's been very strong in his faith that he will 'beat this' but, the latest info is worrisome, to say the least. the oncologist suggested we wait 3-6 months and get another 'more conclusive' scan...that's impossible so we're seeing the radiation oncologist today and hopefully she'll have some suggestions, if not answers..my fear is that if it has come back, it's very aggressive and may not be able to be controlled with chemo...my fear for him is that his faith will be destroyed and that's been a big part of his arsenal. it's nice to have a place to vent.

Maggi

Welcome Maggi,

I am very happy to hear that you got a second opinion right away. We must be assertive when it comes to our own and our loved ones health care. I will be praying for you and your husband that the radiation treatment is successful.

Carol

thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and the interest. we saw the rad/onc today and she said it was within the area txd with radiation and could be scarring but not inflammation from radiation which was completed last November...since we've recently been in Italy with all the diesel fumes and smoke she thought it could possibly be an inflammatory reaction to the ambient irritants, especially since the scan was less than 2 weeks after we came home..in any event, she said it was too small to bx but that we shouldn't wait longer than 3 months for another scan..she also said that PETs are extremely sensitive and sometimes can pick up things that aren't really important....so, we'll remain positive and focused during the wait...I appreciate the support.

blessings and light to all, and a happy Thanksgiving

again, thanks to all of you for responding and the good thoughts..yes, a little explanation/information goes a long way..his next PET will be 1/28 and I'm hoping for good news.

Ned, I lived in Kailua for awhile while working in Honolulu, which island are you on?

blessings and light

Maggi

welcome, Maggi and husband. just to give you some hope, my mom's NSCLC came back after a couple years' worth of clear scans and she is now cancer-free again. it was definitely scarier to have it come back, versus the 1st time (which was scary enough, lord knows!) hang in there, and keep us posted.

Just wanted to welcome you to our family.

It looks like your Onochologist may be on the right track.

Hang strong, I know how you feel. Keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle. I pray all works out for Ben.

Maryanne :wink: