How Did This Happen??

Andrea B.

It seems like literally last week my mom was still able to battle this demon...now as I sit and type I am bawling my eyes out wondering if the end is near for her. She is not eating or drinking (hasn't for two days), she needs help to move around, she is on oxygen 24/7 and she is in pain. It seems like the symptoms go on and on and keep increasing. She started taking Iressa a couple days ago, but I feel like it is going to be a Hail Mary pass to try and help her. I am over everyday helping my dad care for her. How can this have happened so quickly? I am so angry...at God...at the world...life is so unfair. :cry:

Thank you for letting me vent. I feel terribly alone and in so much agony.

Andrea,

I am so sorry that everything seems so bleak right now. I am so close to your Mom's age and can only relate to how difficult it might be for my adult children should my condition turn so quickly. I know you are angry and hurt right now, but don't give up on a miracle...we have all heard of those encounters. Gather your strength from the love you and your Mother have shared through your life time and how it has probably been strengthened through this cancer ordeal. Continue to be with her in hope for more good times to come.

Peace and blessings,

Margaret

Andrea,

I know what you are going thru. My dad's condition ping-ponged a few times from OK to dreadful in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

Please try to keep your head about you in this trying time. The doctor told us at Christmas last year that daddy wouldn't make it out of the hospital. He was there 5 days and came home rejuvenated to a semi-remission. We had him ten more months after that and I do believe if we had had that bone scan earlier in the game, and if my dad had been more honest and vocal about his pain and symptoms, my dad may still be here today.

I'm praying so hard for you and your mom and your family right now. I know what it is like to be angry. I get extremely angry too still. It's ok. It's normal. Do what you have to do to get yourself thru, and in the same breath, you don't want to waste any precious time being angry or destructive when your mom is still here with you and still alive.

Hope is not gone. Until the very last breath, there is hope. Love will see you thru. We are all pulling for you guys. Please keep us posted as you will be on my mind daily.

God Bless you all,

Love,

KatieB

Andrea, sorry, very sorry about your mom's current situation. Try to encourage her more and more to take food and drink. I know it is really difficult and hard for you to face this, but we only try our best in all aspects to make our loved ones comfortable and feel better. I know this is too much for you already but HANG in there.

Andrea, you are not alone -- you have us. And we're glad you can come and share your feelings openly. I am so sorry about your mom. As Doug Flutie (QB in NFL) can tell you, sometimes the Hail Mary works. So don't give up yet. My prayers are with you. And it's really okay to be mad at God and the world. Life is not fair. The main thing is what we do about it. Blessings. Don

Andrea,

I am here if you need to talk. I agree with Katie, dont let the anger consume you right now. Your sweet mom is still here, you can see her you can talk to her you can tell her whatever you want, take advanatage of that. Dont give up hope,

(((((HUGS)))))))

Andrea- I'm in the same boat. I read your post and can tell we are living the same nightmare at this time. Over the weekend my mom took a turn for the worse...she stopped eating, drinking, lost her motor skills, trembling, but then the yesterday she was okay again. She didn't even remember what happened over the weekend. It is such an emotional rollercoaster ride. I decided to work part time to help my Dad and be with my mom. If you need support from someone going through the same thing, please contact me.

Take Care, your in my prayers.

Dearest Andrea,

I too am so very sorry to hear things have taken a very disturbing change for your wonderful mom. Oh Sweet Andrea, please add my prayers to the list of many that will and are praying for you, your mom, your dad, and your entire family.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ANDREA & MOM))))))))))))))))))))))))))))