On behalf of my father, Don M

Amanda

Amanda,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your Dad was incredibly smart and was his own best advocate. He never gave up. I'm sure he wasn't afraid of his mortality, he feared for his family and how his absence would affect you guys. He left no stone unturned. His presence on this board will continue to influence new and old members.

I'm terribly saddened by this news. I know your grief and it really hurts.

Amanda-

Your father was a great guy and so supportive of others. He always went out of his way to suggest various treatment options and make others aware of cyber knife. I just posted on your mom's post that I feel he helped extend the lives of many individuals here. Although he couldn't save his own life I truly believe he saved many others by the information he posted. It's a wonderful legacy to leave.

Your father spoke many times of his family and when you are ready you should read back through his posts.

My sympathy for your loss.

Rochelle

Amanda I would like to add my condolences to you and your family in this difficult time. I found this site a year ago and it was certainly a pleasure to get to know your father on here. Take care.

Amanda,

My deep and heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Your daddy was supportive of me a few months ago when I was at the stage of saying goodbye to my mom. Don M was very supportive and informative to everyone here at LCSC. His courage example gave others the willpower and hope to fight. Like you asked Amanda, your dad earned his bragging rights...I know how it is at this time but also know he is free!!!

Prayers for your family at this time.

*Hugs*

Dear Amanda,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Your father was an inspiration to so very many. I first saw your Dad's postings on another board, and again here at Lungevity. He was always supportive to those in need.

I will miss him terribly,

Barbara

Amanda,

Condolences to you and your family. I am too new here to have gotten to know your father. But I've already run across so many of his old posts that I feel like I know him anyway, and it's obvious that his writings will continue to inspire and inform for a long time to come. So sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry.

Rest assured, he will have a lot to brag about, because he is already so missed by me and others here. And I am sure more an dmore will be saying so.

He was also one of the bravest people I think I've ever encountered.

Thank you for letting his friends here know...and again, my deepest sympathies.

Amanda,

Thank you so very much for letting us know about Don's passing. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family. Don was truly loved here. He gave so very much of himself to all of us. He was always so willing to share his knowledge and his experiences with others. So often , it was his words and opinions that gave hope and comfort to others. He will be missed and never forgotten by those of us who had their lives touched by his kindness. Know that we will be here for you if you need us.

God Bless,

Sue

I am very saddened to read that Don has passed away. He was a real fighter of this awful disease and he was so very, very helpful and supportive to me when I came to this website after I was diagnosed. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Carol

Amanda I am so very, very sorry. Don was special here. Really special. He comforted me a lot when my was sick. And he always had his own way of looking at things.

I know he was a fantastic Daddy to you. I hurt for you all. I'm sorry. I care. And I want you to know how much we ALL cared about your Dad.

AManda,

I am so sorry to hear of your dads passing. I lost my mom this past Dec. Your dad was such an inspiration. Many times he would post just the right words. It was like he knew just what to say to help. His knowledge was so vast and he was always ready to share. Your dads legacy lives on. As you can see.....if was loved by many here.

As a daughter who recently lost a parent... I pray you find peace and comfort in the memories. Please know we are also here for you if you need us!

Dana

Amanda-

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your dad. He was a great guy who always knew just what to say in his posts. He had such knowledge and such a no-nonsense approach to fighting his cancer. He never complained about the hand that was dealt to him. He will be so terribly missed here.

And yes, I am sure he is sitting up there reading all these posts and there telling his new friends "see, I told you I was loved". Because he was!!!!Hugs - Patti B.

Amanda,

I came on here today after being off the board for awhile and was very saddened to see your post. Your dad's quiet strength, kindness, and matter of fact attitude will be so missed.

My sympathies to you and your family.

Amanda:

I missed your initial posting so am learning for the first time tonight of your father's death.

Like so many others here, I was first greeted and welcomed to a lung cancer support board (both this one and another) by Don, whom I consider one of the greatest men I have ever "known."

He was so much help to me and others in so many ways--too many to list here--but I can tell you that his greatness lay not just in his knowledgeability (he was so well-educated about all aspects of lung cancer), but most importantly in the comfort he provided to all of us, including helping to ease our fears of the future.

I don't know what I would have done without him, and I will miss him more than you will ever know.He was a wonderful man who loved his family more than anything. Your loss will be great, but how wonderful that you had him all the years that you did.

With great love and affection,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

• 1 month later...

Amanda,

I have been away from this site for a while and just read about your Dad's passing. He was such an inspiration to all of us here. He was a kind and gentle soul who will be missed by everyone who was lucky enough to be touched by his words.

I lost my Dad four years ago to this disease so I know how hard it is for you. Please know I am praying for you and your family.

Love, Sharon xx