Two Years Stage IIIB NED

Colleen20

Hi All - Just wanted to share the fact that I have had another NED scan, this puts me at the two year mile marker! The first time I went to my oncologist he said to me "You're not going to survive this". I became determined to prove that man wrong! Don't give up doctors do not know everything.

Colleen, congratulations. I couldn't be happier for you. Want to be my new hero? I'm IIIB NED 19 months from dx but with the warning "the expectations are it will come back." Thanks for the reminder, they're not always right. I knew that!

Judy in Key West

Gosh, I'm just thrilled for you, Colleen. I'm wishing you so many years of NED that you just can't count that high. Now as to that $%# oncologist................hope he EATS those words he said and chokes on them. He's an idiot! Glad you proved him wrong.

Kasey

Colleen,

Whaoooo, and sending you CONGRATULATIONS.

One doctor, when I told him Bill's oncologist was going to treat Bill's disease as a chronic, said to me in a sarcastic tone, "Yeah, don't we wish."

That was four years ago.

Keep those NED scans coming, Colleen.

Proving that doctor wrong should be an incentive. :D

Barbara

Congratulations! Way to go! When I got dx I thought it was a death sentence, thank heavens all my doc's were so encouraging! I think every single one of them told me I was going to be cured! But it's people posting here that really make me believe! Thanks for sharing! :D

Congratulations, Colleen!! I'm doing the Happy Dance here in Boulder (me, Mick and David Bowie are dancing in the street)!

While I believe my various remedies (especially more recent Vitamin C infusions and Vitamin D oral supplements) have greatly succeeded in my continued pain-free survival I(i.e., slowed progression to a crawl), I am also convinced that "tude can't be ignored, and you definitely have 'tude! :lol:

With love and affection,

Carole (another "bounce back kid")

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin