My niece MJ

jaminkw

Mary Jean is a beautiful 43-year-old mother of 11-year-old triplets with breast cancer with mets to the liver and bones. She's been doing well and living life. My sister just told me today that MJ, as she's often referred to by family and friends, progressed on her last scans. I think they were about the same time as mine. If I'm tempted to feel sorry for myself for my own progression, I think of MJ and all the young women on and off this site who are battling cancer while raising young and not so young children. Please keep MJ in your prayers or postive thoughts.

Judy in Key West

Judy,

I will keep your niece in my prayers. Cancer sucks anytime for anyone, but when you have small children to worry about, it has got to make it harder on everyone involved. Stupid disease is hard enough as it is; don't need anything making it any harder.

((((Judy))))

Susan

You're right, Judy. Even if I were so inclined, there's no way I could feel sorry for myself after reading the stories of younger and much younger people facing this diagnosis with small children to raise, promising careers to pursue, and the wonders of the world to explore. I'm not finished with the last one, but at least we have the Internet and a few superb cable channels.

Ned

ya got my prayers and thoughts also Judy! I know all to wel about being young and fighting this beast!!

Judy,

I will add prayers for Mary Jean. Yes, it is so sad, especially when the cancer diagnosis is laid on the plate of someone younger.

Yesterday, our niece, Joanne, age 47, had both breasts removed, and is dealing with it the best she can. My sister said that (her daughter) is trying to keep positive, but has had good and not-so-good days emotionally since the diagnosis.

Her main concern is her young teen son, age 13.

The doctors have yet to get the results of just "how far," or little this disease has spread. We can all imagine the stress involved in not knowing what we will be dealing with here.

Barbara