Trabecta Side Effects

Hi,

I went on Trabecta in June and in my latest scan at the end of September, it showed my malignant tumors were shrinking! As we never expected that result, we are elated. That being said, in the last month, my feet and legs and now my hands are swelling as well as pain in my forearms and the top of my hands. The doctor has been going back and forth with diuretics but is very discouraging because I was told that if this can’t be controlled, they will have to lower the dosage of the Trabecta, the one thing that has worked! I am so disheartened. I have another call into the doctor tomorrow but as I have yet to meet anyone else who is on Trabecta was wondering if anyone out there has been on it and has the same effects. 

Hello and welcome to our forum.  Sorry you need to be here, but glad you found us.  We have people here who, collectively, have had all the treatments available.  For my LC it was surgery without chemo.  But you will soon be hearing from others who will share their experiences and that may help you to work with your team in finding some relief.  

But, let me tell you that I'm so glad to hear that you are experiencing such dramatically good results.  I'm sure your medical team will find a way to balance the drugs efficacy while minimizing the side-effects.  But, in the meantime please be patient.  You'll soon be hearing from others in our forum and in the meantime we do have a sub-forum on Chemotherapy that can be found here.

Stay strong, you can do this.

Lou

• 2 months later...

My wife has been on Tabrecta since June with occasional swelling. She takes Lasix as needed. Yesterday the 31st, she had a teleconference with her oncologist to discuss her latest scan. The Dr. said her tumor is continuing to shrink ( this is her 2nd scan since starting Tabrecta) so we will continue with this course. Her Dr. also said that her Albumin levels that were low have risen so that is why she is having less swelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is John but I go by Jack. I was diagnosed with stage III metastatic left lung adenocarcinoma last June. Prior to 12 weeks of pemetrexed and cisplatin I had a spontaneous right adrenal gland hemorrhage that delayed treatment for a week. In light of that surgery was  deferred and I went thru 15 sessions of SBRT on the lung and 5 on the adrenal gland which I just have completed.  My oncologist wants to start me on Tabrecta in Feb. because I have the MET exon 14 splice site mutation for this drug. How do I join this group?

Hi Jack: Welcome.  To be part of this group all you have to do is visit and contribute with your story. You can also ask questions and the members with knowledge on the subject will answer. As you can see there are few people on Tabrecta  so you can share your story with them and benefit from their experience. 

On 1/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, John43 said:

Hi, my name is John but I go by Jack. I was diagnosed with stage III metastatic left lung adenocarcinoma last June. Prior to 12 weeks of pemetrexed and cisplatin I had a spontaneous right adrenal gland hemorrhage that delayed treatment for a week. In light of that surgery was  deferred and I went thru 15 sessions of SBRT on the lung and 5 on the adrenal gland which I just have completed.  My oncologist wants to start me on Tabrecta in Feb. because I have the MET exon 14 splice site mutation for this drug. How do I join this group?

Welcome to the group. My wife has been on Tabrecta since June and has had very good results, even her oncologist is very pleased. My wife started on Keytruda which worked for awhile then they gave her Chemo which but her in the hospital for 5 days. When her oncologist visited her in the hospital she said there was a brand new targeted drug called Tabrecta she was going to try to get her on. Within a few days she was on it. See if your Dr. or yourself can get you on a program to help with the cost as it is very expensive.2063229090_tabrecta3(3).thumb.jpg.fced489b901ca3995f0d7b4185c8842d.jpg

Hi,

I was the original poster. I have also gone through chemo, immunotherapy, 2 surgeries, and radiation. Trabecta has been working great for me in reducing the newest tumors! The only side effect I am still experiencing is swelling throughout my body. I've had to get shoes 2 sizes bigger than my normal size. But, like every side effect that I endure, I will endure this until this therapy stops working.

• 4 weeks later...

Started my Trabecta therapy on 2/8/21.  So far no side effects.  Had my first Covid vaccination last week (pfizer).  Yes drug is very expensive.  Our patient advocate at the clinic got Novartis to foot the bill.