Spinal MRI last week

LexieCat

I think I mentioned my doc moved up my spinal MRI to last Friday--it was scheduled for this week, but he didn't want to wait that long. This was to check for the source of the severe back pain I had earlier in the week, when I had to take the oxycodone for the CT scans. 

Just got a message from him on my portal. He said there is NO sign of cancer there--just arthritis (which is no surprise), but nothing acute.

So I'm not sure if maybe the pain was an effect of the Zometa--guess we'll see what happens next time I get an infusion of that. But VERY reassuring to know it apparently isn't the result of the cancer itself. 

Just don't do a happy dance!  Leave that to us to do for you!   It seems to me in the first year of a Stage IV lung cancer diagnosis, many people have two off cycle scans for something (for me it was a spinal and brain MRI), so one way to look at this is you're halfway there!  The bumps in the road settle down after the first year.  Very great news to wake up to on a Monday! 

Yeah, I asked about when/whether another brain MRI would be needed, and was told not unless/until there's some kind of symptom warranting it. Hopefully I'll be looking at routine imaging from here on out. Fingers crossed!

Glad to hear this! I  hope Michelle will do the happy dance for you. If I did it, I'd be as much at risk of hurting myself as you'd be. My mom occasionally called me "Grace"; I didn't even get the "Princess" part. 

Bridget O

Ha, don’t trust me to do any happy dances either!  I successfully washed out of every sport with a ball & rules before junior high school with a trail of emergency room visits resulting in an interview from child protective services for being so accident prone!  I stick to rowing cause it’s a sitting down sport with idiot proof repetitive motion.  
I hear by delegate the happy dances to @Deb W who knows the way around the tennis courts!!! 🤪

Well, the discomfort is gone, for now, in terms of my back. Hopefully it was a one-time thing, but if it recurs in connection with the Zometa, I don't mind relying on pain pills for just those few days. I think I had pain all of maybe 5 days, which can probably be managed, as long as it doesn't get worse.

Lexi

Wish I had some digital imagines of my wife and I doing the "light fantastic". Good memories....and you still got it GF.

Archived