Scan results

Susan Cornett

Had my 6 month scan last week - everything is stable - NED! I was, as usual, nervous going into this but especially because this is the longest I've gone between scans. I've now had 7 stable scans over the last 2 years. Now I think I can exhale. 

Congrats, Susan!! I was wondering how you were doing--didn't realize you were waiting on scan results. 

We've been having a debate about when doctors use the term "NED" vs something like "complete response," the term used by my doc, which seems to amount to the same thing. Though when I asked him if what he was telling me was that I had NED, he sort of danced around it--because I do still have stuff you can see on the CT, unchanged, which he acknowledged might just be scar tissue. So I'm not completely clear whether that's a basis for distinguishing from NED or what.

Whatev. As long as it's not getting bigger and doesn't seem to be doing anything, I'm happy.

Best part of all of this is that after a COVID test later this week - which should be negative because we go NOWHERE- I get to see my parents next week. I haven't seen them since February! We've all been playing safe and staying home but I need to go see them. Looks like Dad's got prostate cancer now so I just need to go home!!

Archived