David A is Back in Charge..

Ry

Well I was going to title this post "When It Rains it Pours" but that was already taken! I see from the posts I just read that bad karma is hitting others also.

First, not posting to outline my entire bad week, while horrendous it has been, you don't want to know, trust me. Let's just start with yesterday. After being terribly ill I finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel and began to feel better. John and I left the youngest daughter, Jillian at my mom's and went to dinner. While we were out Jillian (AKA the Jillinator) wiped my mother out while doing some great 5 year old dance move, sending her crashing to the floor. Long story short, she has a broken arm that will need surgery within a day or so. I will be moving over there because she can't be left alone while she's on the pain meds.

So I am packing my bags, hoping I will find moments here and there the next couple of days to check on everyone. Like Mo, I am addicted to this board and hate to be away from it. Take care, Rochelle

Hey Ry,

Oh MY GOSH!! That's terrible! Sure hope your mom's arm will be okay!

BUMMER!!! I noticed you hadn't been on the board for a few days, and THAT my friend, isn't like you unless you say your going away or something. Sure hope your feeling better too! There's some nasty crud going around. I have had a dang sore-throat for over a week and now it's just raw. Off to the doctor I go tomorrow!! :roll::roll:

Take care, and YOU'LL BE MISSED, BUNCHES!!!!

Hugs,

Sheesh, Ry! Bet John won't be TOO worried about her when she's old enough to date (35, right?)!

Mark's daughter is getting married in October - on one of her first dates with her intended, she broke his leg...just goofing around in the parking lot before getting into the car... I think he's scared NOT to marry her! (Actually, she's a wonderful young woman and HE'S the lucky one - she can take care of herself!)

Hope the time on pain meds isn't the entire time it takes her to heal...and is Jill part of recovery, too?

Be nice if your week was better, but Monday is looming around the corner...

(MAYBE, you can take a "cancer break" while with Mom and relax some - just duct tape her in bed and relax...) :shock:

Looking forward to seeing you back!

Becky

Ry,

I am so sorry that all that happened and your mom broke her arm. If you need anything, let me know!!!

Dont' you worry at all about John...we will take care of him for you! 8)8)

Ry,

I am very sorry your Mom was injured and needs surgery. I hope with all my heart that things go well for her, and that she heals quickly. But my heart really goes out to your young daughter who apparently had something to do with her Grandmother's injuries. I was not a graceful child, and I(as a child) was the cause of a few mishaps among several of my family members.) Hope your little girl is okay, too.

Ry, just wanted to send my love and to remind you that SOMEDAY, you, your mom, John and Jillian will be telling "Remember that time you broke Grandmas arm...." stories :wink:.

Years ago my grandfather broke his leg-he was laid up in a lazy boy recliner, just relaxing...minding his own business...when along came my 5 year old sister-who decided it would be a good idea to raise grandpas legs up HIGHER-raising the leg rest on the chair above and beyond its maximum capacity and :shock: ...yep-over went Grandpa, the chair and his casted leg-he was "a$$ over head"...and let me tell you, he NEVER tired of telling that story-and ALWAYS laughed when he did :lol::lol: ...

Take care, Ry, hope you don't go through too much withdrawl from the board...just remember, we are here, a'waiting your return... Deb

Thanks for all your good wishes. I am finally home and can't wait to sleep in my own bed. My mom had surgery today and had to have a replacement done on her shoulder (yes the Jillinator did it up good) it was broken so badly. She will be in the hospital for at least two days so I have a couple of days to catch up on posts before I move back home again. :roll: Missed you all very much.

Rochelle