Update

TBone

Hi everybody,

I got my chemo port put in today.My onc wants to wait a week to start chemo.I also had my second radiation treatment today for pain in my right leg.My right hip and pelvic area is being radiated and I have seen no relief yet but the rad onc says it will probably take 5 or 6 zaps if it works.There is a tumor that I can feel just under the skin in my lower abdomen/groin so I will be able to tell if anything is happening to it by just feeling it.I just hope this pain gets zapped.Not sure there is a drug strong enough for this pain.I can ease it with oxy and breakthrough oxy immediate release but by the time it stops hurting I am loaded.Praying for us all.TBone

I've heard wonderful things about having a port. Much nicer then getting poked everytime.

Should we add you to Ry's count down list? She's counting down for getting her Pic out, and you can count down to having NO MORE PAIN?!

Oh T-bone, I am soooo sorry that pain is that bad. It's got to SUCK!

Stay strong, and GOD BLESS! I'm still saying lots of prayers.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Tbone,

I'm glad you got your port in place...believe me it will make your life a lot easier. I had to have mine removed due to infection and I scorn that fact each time they stab me a jillion times trying to get a needle in place for chemo. So very sorry to hear about the continuing pain and can only offer prayer in that regard.

Blessings to you,

Margaret

Tbone-

Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten any relief from the pain yet. Have to say you sound darn cogent in spite of it. Glad the port installation went well and hoping praying for the best outcomes with all your procedures.

TBone,

I am so sorry you are experience such pain. I am praying that the radiation does the trick and gets rid of it. I know how painful the bone mets are, I saw my father go through it first hand. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Also, you will love having the port. It worked out very well for my father and for anyone else who I have ever heard that has one. It will save your veins too and that is always a plus. Take are TBone.

Karen

It took a few times for my husband with radiation till he felt better. He also had it in his hip, he was so happy to function again. I pray it works fast for you!! :) Rob is also thinking about a port, his veins are flat and he got cellulitous last week. Maybe he should get one too..... :roll:

Tess