Just want to say "hi".....and thanks for being her

Just wanted to say a quick hello.....I am newly diagnosed with SCLC and am so glad I found this site! I've browsed about a little bit and I can feel all the positive energy just flowing out from my monitor! Most of the posters here seem to feel the way I do.....that cancer is a very "individual" disease, and that statistics are only numbers on a piece of paper. I tend to think they do more harm than good, actually.

I've just completed cycle one of my chemo, feel good and am ready to take whatever they throw at me. I love my group of oncologists...feel very comfortable with them and I think that's a big plus. My family is great, my friends are fantastic....

I know I've got a long road to travel with my bumps and potholes....not a cake walk by any means.

So, thanks for being here....it really helps to know there are so many people out there who really understand....hope to talk to all of you soon...

Mary :)

Hi Mary, You sound like a very upbeat, positive person and we are so glad you found us. We are here for you no matter what, and have a lot of fun also. I don't have any experience with SCLC, but there are a lot of folks on here that do, and I am sure you will be hearing from them very soon. Welcome!

God bless you,

Peggy

Mary,

Welcome, though I am sorry you are facing the beast and so had to be here. I got through 6 rounds of chemo, only change was I had Carboplantin not Cisplantin. The biggest problem for me was fatigue and low blood counts, I needed transfusions from round 3 on. The beast can be beaten, and we are here for you whether you need to laugh, cry, rant or celebrate! Take care

Blessings

Betty

Welcome Aboard Mary -

I'm 43 myself and have two daughters 20 and 14, with a similiar diagnosis, but longer ago.

Here's hoping you get the beast under control. Feel free to email me if you need to talk.

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Welcome Mary,

I am sorry that you have reason to join us, but glad you did. There is lots of love and support here. We could also always use another voice of hope and positivity here.

Please express yourself freely, this is a great place to vent, laugh, cry, ask questions, and celebrate all of life's precious moments.

You will be in my prayers

Carleen

Hi Mary,

I am sorry that you had to come here too but it looks like you sure do have the right attitude.If you keep that fighting spirit and keep sharing it I am sure this will be beneficial to all of us as well as you.Sometimes I know I need someone feisty and full of fight to get me back on track.Praying for us all.TBone

Mary,

Welcome!

(I wouldn't call it a cake walk nor a walk in the park...unless there's no leash law in the park...and the squirrels are rabid and attacking...)

I think, as a walk, it could best be summed up in a visual of cow pie bingo. Some days it's a tiptoe through a sun-dappled pasture and some days you just step in sh--, er, manure!

Keep your chin up!

Becky

welcome... im sure that you will find out anything you need to know here. I think i got more answers from this site then from the oncologists!

You got the right idea about this cancer thing... Your additude rocks! I wish I could suck some positive thinking out of you and put it in my Dad!

Welcome again. Jamie

Mary,

I'm sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us. Your attitude is great, and it sounds like you're really doing well. Come back often -- We can all use your positive spirit, and there are lots of people here who love to help in any way they can.

BeckyCW